*** CoinOPS IGNITE source ***

BritneysPAIRS

All you guys that said you could add drivers and stuff and take it further please do Kenshiro you are one id love to see power drift added and night slashers and osman please :naughty: that would rock. I can help you with midway and double dragon a few others im alot of the way there and even finished on quite a few but please it must be doccument and released correctly as id hate to see it not handled correctly and the midway driver fix needs alot of documentation on how to insert .70 code into .84 code when the inputs changed so much

You guys can now put your money where your mouth is I wont update mame publically and ill give you guys a time to add all your stuff in and turn it into a real project handled correct so you guys can nail the bugs down and truely make it work right

WARNING!!! On a serious note its been cool :( it actually has been and I truely hope someone does one day update the drivers properly

and stf if you I can sort you out with some stuff thats specially for you.... you will like it im sure, Ignite motivation came alot from you and a few things you said played on my mind so I thought them though then fixed them.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else made uncomfortable by this sort of bickering and sarcasm? I mean, I saw a huge thread of arguing between BP and Ressurectionx on Xbox-Scene before I joined 1Emu. I assumed it was an isolated incident. Guess not.

dont worry its over I promise Ice you guys are in control now please give rx the source he is one that wants to lead a new generation of mame as well. Anyone or multiple teams or multiple individuals can now start there own project and I would love to follow them.... to sit back and relax knowing they are doing it will rock

Is anyone else made uncomfortable by this sort of bickering and sarcasm? I mean, I saw a huge thread of arguing between BP and Ressurectionx on Xbox-Scene before I joined 1Emu. I assumed it was an isolated incident. Guess not.

Not uncomfortable for those reasons, more frustrated that these threads get clogged up with OT bullsh!t posts that are obviously designed to offend/annoy rather than provide any productive reaction.

see what a driver genius i am :)

:huh:

cps2 sf1 and raidenfighters drivers oh also crystal driver added...... pinned to the front page

- Crystals drivers were added since ages by BenderMike, something like 4 years ago

- Sf1: it isn't the work of iq? :huh:

- Cps2: so you added the latest drivers with a proper decrytion without? If yeah nice work :naughty:

- raidenfighters: don't know that stuff

BTW, how you can ask me to help you to add drivers lmao? As you're in it since years what an idiot like me can do? You can get it work easily as you're a genius :(:naughty:

Speaking of Raiden Fighters Kenshiro, all three are awesome games I'd love to see emulated properly on FBA.

thats what was altered from 1.1 sources you are right on all your observations. The mame team must have been hunting me down they would love to know how I put there speed hacks that they took out back in and how I inserted some other sources from released builds and how I updated a cpp from a .84 to a .89 one. After they see this they may want to recruit me........... man oh man im such a bad boy for not documenting and releasing 30 revision out of date code and bug fixing instead... anyways straightness out all the issues with the mame team and post them the sources and give my aplogies to them I didnt mean to upset them so much with my renagade styles and shut them out of the game hold back my knoweldge and hold the future of mame up :)

PS with a tweak of the driver raiden Jet will play kenshiro theres a little slow down at times and you have to wait for a stupid timer at the start...not sure how to remove that

Hey guys,

I don't know who made each skin, who made other skin, etc etc...

But in my, my very own view ----- the skin for CoinOPS is perfectly fine.

I don't like some stuff on it, but it WORKS, and this is the most important point.

A skin for software, or a GUI for a software, SHOULD be clean, simple, and comfy. Must be light! Not overloaded with crazy colorful backgrounds and so on. There are five aspects of ergonomics: safety, comfort, ease of use, productivity/performance, and aesthetics. 99,9% of people who create skins for this huge world of emulation out there simply does not have the technical knowledge to create a really good product.

All I see (with RARE exceptions) are people creating skins that look like Books in CYAN pages with text written in flash MAGENTA letters. How someone can read a book like that? Seriously, I really don't get how some people can use COLORFUL backgrounds crowded with ten thousand elements over it ---- HOW CAN YOU GUYS READ anything on it? Where is the usability of it?

From Wikipedia:

Usability is a term used to denote the ease with which people can employ a particular tool or other human-made object in order to achieve a particular goal. In human-computer interaction and computer science, usability usually refers to the elegance and clarity with which the interaction with a computer program or a web site is designed.

A graphical user interface (skin) that not complains with the minimal guidelines of usability and ergonomics is like a hammer made of rubber, you can't use it on iron nails, well... you can even get a result, but it will be really painful. It is like a see-saw that doesn't cut. It is like a web form page where the submit button comes in the top of the page, before any other field where you should fill your data.

Again, don't want to be rude to anyone, and again ---- This is my very own opinion --- The actual CoinOPS Skin is fine. It is ok. It works. On my setups I have change some visual appearance of elements, but the overall concept is fine.

And I really don't like to talk much about skinning, I release my grands, publish the links and who enjoy, be my guest. I avoid to enter on this discussion because I know people will think I am envy of the success of the other skinners out there, but I am not, I really ASSURE YOU, I am not. I just wish that people could understand how important is the ergonomic aspect of the whole thing called "SKIN". Otherwise we will have the world of emulation being filled with garbage from now to eternity.

Best regards,

Cospefogo.

I'm uncomfortable for those discussions too :(

I'm frustrated that good guys who make many more for the little xBox emulation scene, are not agree with the production of the others... and not works together :(

I'm ok with Cospefogo, the actual Skin is excelent, i like it :)

If one day you can make one like xPort who give many more visual options it were kool but not important!

Your idea of an xBMC SKIN is fantastic, beautifull ... etc ... just don't forget it was simply to use lol

Thanks for all

Bye

see what a driver genius i am :)

:huh:

cps2 sf1 and raidenfighters drivers oh also crystal driver added...... pinned to the front page

- Crystals drivers were added since ages by BenderMike, something like 4 years ago

- Sf1: it isn't the work of iq? :huh:

- Cps2: so you added the latest drivers with a proper decrytion without? If yeah nice work :)

- raidenfighters: don't know that stuff

BTW, how you can ask me to help you to add drivers lmao? As you're in it since years what an idiot like me can do? You can get it work easily as you're a genius :(:(

Kenshiro has his own badass emulator that he's working on. He has no time for redundancy. The new FBA is coming along nicely.

The new FBA is coming along nicely.

Agreed. :)