*** CoinOPS IGNITE source ***

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of stuff has gone on and its looks like lots to come, good work BP. Looks like a lot more fixes and additions are to be worked on soon. Lots of stuff for most users. That seems very positive and definately a step in the right direction

This looks quite nice, and after playing around with it for a few hours I only have two suggestions, both of which are fairly simple.

[1] - It would be nice to be able to quit back to the dashboard, but I'm guessing that all dashboard software is purged from memory as Coin Ops Ignite loads as to make more room for decompressing roms... if this is the case then it would probably take as long to reload the dashboard back into memory as it would take to do an actual reboot - so I guess there is nothing that can be done about this.

[2] - Better docs! I, like many others playing around with XBox homebrew done always have the time to watch all of the forums so that we can gain information from the Q & A sessions when a new version is released. I still have no idea what Mame roms are supported (so far I am getting about a 30 percent success rate at best) and which version of these (I recently read that Coin Ops is based on MameoX which is in turn only based on Mame 0.84, so I guess I should be looking for an OLD torrent of Mame roms?). I am not even sure if Coin Ops supported 128MB at this point...

Anywhoz, as I said - very simple suggestions that would make a very ambitious project all the more polished.

Good work BP.

This looks quite nice, and after playing around with it for a few hours I only have two suggestions, both of which are fairly simple.

[1] - It would be nice to be able to quit back to the dashboard, but I'm guessing that all dashboard software is purged from memory as Coin Ops Ignite loads as to make more room for decompressing roms... if this is the case then it would probably take as long to reload the dashboard back into memory as it would take to do an actual reboot - so I guess there is nothing that can be done about this.

[2] - Better docs! I, like many others playing around with XBox homebrew done always have the time to watch all of the forums so that we can gain information from the Q & A sessions when a new version is released. I still have no idea what Mame roms are supported (so far I am getting about a 30 percent success rate at best) and which version of these (I recently read that Coin Ops is based on MameoX which is in turn only based on Mame 0.84, so I guess I should be looking for an OLD torrent of Mame roms?). I am not even sure if Coin Ops supported 128MB at this point...

Anywhoz, as I said - very simple suggestions that would make a very ambitious project all the more polished.

Good work BP.

You can get back to the dashboard when your in the rom select screen,just hit start and select the option.

yes coinops is based off mameox 0.84 but a lot of newer driers were added in mamedox1.1 which this is based off.basically all your neogeo,cps1,cps2 play fine and all the usual mame games.

even if you have 128mb of ram it dosent offer anything extra for mame on xbox.

there is a complete package that you can get with 1250 roms and no it isnt a torrent.

I still have no idea what Mame roms are supported (so far I am getting about a 30 percent success rate at best)

Some websites still have older romsets available for download, which work with CoinOps. Most of the ones I had working in it I downloaded from a particular site; a Nation of Roms you might say. Most from there worked fine as is, but some needed a bit of fixing with the CoinOps dat in Romcenter.

I'm just using FBA now which uses the latest MAME roms. They're easier to get hold of. For those I go to a site that is a Keeper of Roms. A very good site I think too.

If you can find the complete CoinOps package though you won't need to worry. Just take out the games you don't want. I never found the full release though, only the standalone.

Just find a full release It will save you a tonne of work and everything is tested and retested..... Ive finished 300 game patch into R2.

Im currently updating alot of Dats for coinops and working on my own FBA project... sp ill be away from this for a while

Care to elaborate on the FBA project?

Just rethinking the way it works like I did with Coinops plus fixing stuff thats badly done like 720P (if you use 720P option in CoinOPS you should see its better handled and automatic)

Ill add a few drivers maybe and of course reskin it and add any skinning elements needed to do this to the way I want it. Ill make sure it works with as few bugs as I can make it.

Im currently updating alot of Dats for coinops and working on my own FBA project...

Ok seems i get f****** as always... I put a lot of work into drivers latest weeks and was waiting for your work. However take care about this:

- If you had a bit of my code, or iq's one or from the official FBA you have to release the source code.

- If you had one of the drivers i posted on Neosource you can't get credits for them, that's too easy (i don't care about credits, but you can take it for you).

- And to conclude (i think that since a while :shootem: ), your attitude is really pathetic, can't understand how your brain work.

That's a nice week end start :ph34r:

:shootem: I think your attitude is pathetic Kenshiro I am mainly redoing the GUI I have no interest in updating the NeoGeo Dats at all or ever if the main games work. Im just saying what im currently working on and dont mean to offend you at all. I dont put my name on my build as I dont care about that stuff. And I dont use any of your source at all and will promise that I dont have any intentions to use any at present, im using 1.28 as its stable ( I told you that before no offense ). Also I said id give you the source.

Dont you want any other releases??? im doing this for me mainly and if others want it they can have it....thats what I think. I wont be updating the dats of CPS2 or NeoGeo if the games work in 1.28 OK so you will allways and forever have later dats. I like my build to have little to no bugs in so I wont release stuff thats isnt right myself and thats mainly due to I dont really want to support it much. Maybe people just want your build thats fine by me......ill keep on doing stuff it doesnt need to be used I have alot of stuff ive done no one has or has used and is mainly for myself

I have never commented on your work yet you guys feel free to comment about my work all the time. Ive delt with that for years and years and im still slowly curning stuff out and believe it or not im not following at all what your doing I have my own vision for FBA for myself. If my build is liked ill then listen to people and what they like about other builds and maybe patch it in but thats much later and pretty much how CoinOPS worked