*** CoinOPS IGNITE source ***

BritneysPAIRS

Well if the convesation has fell to that level, then yes i would need more examples as the ones youve stated are already impliment in other emu's, so in reallity if you didnt include those options then you would have resigned the emulator to a "antiquated, poor relative" which is a damn shame. When i stated "am i right" i was refering the options you have implimented are ones that "you agree with" and also the random "options help posts". Perhaps its the way i right things down or perhaps your not reading me right ? I dunno anyhow this kinda back and forth hair pulling is not constructive and only scares people off making suggestions. No user wants to help with ideas if there going to be made to feel dumb. Then in a months time ideas will pop up, cause users feel the heat is off. Only to get there heads bitten off for not mentioning there idea weeks ago. Sound familiar. So in that respect i will slide back into the shadows and just become a reader like i did years ago on forums and not take part. Still a cracking good emulator by the way !

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the heat is off :)im sorry im not in agreement with your ideas in current form... also no offense again but I wasnt asking for new ideas on this thread as im sure your aware for this. The reason is, feature discussions take solid hearts and alot of battling out the fineprint, and that takes alot of effort on everyones part....as no 2 people are the same. Its best handled on MSN out of the publics way as there will allways be a bit of debating. This has been happening with people in the background over the last month. I have set up threads with clear goals like this one asking specific questions in the hope to find out stuff so I can work with a few people in the background on specifics. the questions are

DO people want to find new roms for games?

Are there any features in any mame apart from some game speed issues that people use another mame on xbox for?

PS the ideas arnt in other EMUs im aware of, done the way ive done them (the features are but they are done quite alot diff GUI wise). If you name any EMU with autofire, screen rotation, favs the way ive done it let me know it would be great to think someone else thought it should be done that way

PS All builds from now will be CoinOPS IGNITE Release xx is due to complaints about not knowing what version is the latetest etc ........ something I listened to is in the title

If someone wants to help out then they need to ask to talk away from the public as they dont want to here this stuff and it get personal on a public forum and doesnt get so on a private debate. STF worked this way and it went fast and mostly smoothly.... hes missed :P although theres a feature in there for him

My turn...

Numbers for the screen size and coordinates on the adjustment screen feature?

Or even... the possibility of leading a CUSTOM pattern to be presented there, instead of the black screen.

Correct aspect ratio is important for some users.

Please?

Best,

C.

STF worked this way and it went fast and mostly smoothly.... hes missed :( although theres a feature in there for him

I'm really sorry friend but these days I'll never find the time. I know it looks like I abandoned everybody here (and at Hellsfury's place) since Ignite Standalone's Release and I'm sorry about that. I'll sure be back a day as I liked to be involved. :)

there is no black screen cospefogo your using an old build :) by looks.. there are correct widescreens aspect ratios now (also to fix aspect ratio there is alot of considerations needed that would have to be discussed like 1280p 4x3 16x9 all differ most games have there own correction in them I can sort all this stuff out and understand the code..... but to suit everyone will require 4-5 settings and this is clutter to me at present)

and im not asking for new features at present................. I will do in the future but at the moment im in the tiding phase so its feature locked for now

you can change the picture in the skin folder to whatever calibration picture you want cospefogo (2 skins now low def and hidef...the picture is backdrop-message.png make sure the dimensions of the pic are the deminsions you want the screensize to be....eg 640x480 or 1280x720 else it will be stretched to a diff aspect ratio)

OK who wants to test and release standalone.......... MSN me

*** CoinOPS IGNITE R2 ***

New Screenshot sizing for vert games

New only autorotoate Topdown Shooters

New Tiding up clutter options

New Hidden Options to show you Hot games or No Sound etc

Settings Tidyup

many bug fixs

new Cats

new skin engine features

New screenshots totally revamped

Redone Classics and Hot Games

Im sure I did other tweaks......

I will look at others features now but for me it operates how it should......this was mainly some tweaks with stuff that didnt quite work for me in Ignite

You will have to remove the save add a new one or do a refresh game info

No Dat changes yet (although that stuff is moving now :) ) so no rom changes but ive tidied 350 new games if someone wants to release it at some point.... 160 of them are

Stuff in the future im open 2 is and a thread will be created at sometime

Video Previews (have code needs to go in)

Fix Lightgun (need help I dont have lightgun)

Fix Trackball (need help I dont have trackball)

Commandline Fixup (have code)

Autofire speed options (have code and makes it better I guess but harder interface and less user friendly...so I removed)

Only allow 1 credit per x mins (have code didnt like it myself)

Redoing source to xbox standard so you dont have to compile parts for PC and parts for xbox so its like other EMUs(I did this to save me time as I dev on PC alot)

More user friendly sorting (need ideas)

Aspect ratio stuff (have code but cant make it user friendly and give all options so in the end was clutter 2 options stayed to correct for widescreen at present)

ini global keymapping (have code needs inseting)