*** CoinOPS IGNITE source ***

BritneysPAIRS

Ok im out of public releases now its up to you guys...... Ignite is as far as I can go publically, Good luck all ill keep an eye out and help any true additions to CoinOPS if I can and im asked to.

Cheers its come along way.... and alot thanks to you guys.

MAME drivers sources for *** CoinOPS IGNITE Final Build ***

http://www.2shared.com/file/5909817/aabbfb98/MAME.html

mame specific source code can be run on pc or xbox ill follow up with some xbox non mame related resource stuff soon so people can alter that but this will keep the mame idots away.... please give it to the mame team and tell them ive nearly progressed the drivers to about 2-3 years behind where they are today

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- How important is it to you to keep the same rom set?

Is not very important for me, especially if it means improvements ;)

- Is there anything you use other mames for except it plays a few games better than CoinOPS (eg features)?

On xBox there is really just two other arcade emulators: Daphne for LaserCD arcade games, and Finalburn for Neogeo, CPS1 & 2 :P

For my part, i love CoinOPS and i use it for the CPS1 & 2, not Finalburn ;)

For Neogeo it is mitiged, Finalburn make work better the last games who are biggest ... i think it is not very important you continue to improve them on CoinOPS for the moment ... but not remove them together lol

Just add some news games, and debug these who are not working perfectly with others romset if it is interresting exepted Neogeo :D

Bye

Dont know any Neo Geo games that dont work at full speed or have any issues?

I also dont know any issues with Neo geo and coinops, all games works great.

An upgrade patch would be great with new roms, improvement on earlear roms..., i agree with the others why not.

Heres one for the melting pot that i think was discussed a long time ago.

A trigger based navigation sytem along the top/bottom (wherever) with seperate genres.

** Yes i know other emulators use this method *** "If it aint broke !"

ie:- Shooters, Platform, Fighting, Misc etc. Keep it to say 5 genres. I know the triggers at the moment cycle through the roms, but the D-pad can be for that. Now i mean it not as an option but the way it is. Cycling through hundreds and hundreds of roms is a bit daft. It will look far more modern and could open up some clever skinning ideas, maybe allowance for features.

it has this now

change to sort by type with back button or press Red to do it.... then left/right on dpad will jump game types.

No offense but Read the Help and Features as it has alot you probably dont know about allready running for quick easy finding of the game you want

The only neogeo games that I noticed don't run full speed are World heroes, World heroes 2 and World heroes 2 jet.

Play them in coinops and look at the FPS counter in corner, the FPS only drops when the round starts, and lags.

It must be me but i seem to provoke this kinda response from you always, bear with me, im not having a go.

Perhaps im stimulating others to come up with different ideas rather "can you add Street Fighter 35 clone"

Done all the reading. I dont have a problem with it. As youve just stated it requires two operations, not a lot i know. Others require one and its visual. Thats the truth, end of. I remember this emulator being about simplicity and ease. If another user hadnt read all the documentation, or cant find the options, advanced options even, then all hell breaks loose and the forums get flooded for request for this option and that option. Now i know you know thats true just read any post regarding CoinOps and they are in there. Now this isnt saying that everyone is a "thickie" but just goes to show the navigation and operation arent really natural or fluid. With you having rebuilt this emulator im guessing you know every function off pat and could use the emulator in your sleep. What i was talking about was a basic visual navigation method, out of the box, ready to run. Not fumble to find the options, activate advanced options, 10 mins setting the emulator up. "So my mother and Granny could use it" was a phrase i remember being used a lot and not by me ! Although i totally agreed with it.

Not knocking any of your methods ie:- navigation, presentation. In fact i quite like most of it. I was merely opening up the conversation to different ideas, lets be honest BP regardless how many people post with different suggestions or requests, you will only do what you want to do ! Am i right ? :P

sure what you recommend isnt that well thought out thats all.... what if you dont want it sorted by genre (most dont) as this requires the games are tagged correctly for starters. Also dpad is slow scroll and has no speed control like the triggers (this is why left/right fast jumps and not thumbs) Im not sure of your knowledge of the EMU and what you are asking for is a step back...

ask stf if I added his suggestions and how quickly and how often I did it? I added fum option of screen rotation after long thinking about it (also its improved in release 2 it has an option to only AutoRotate Topdown Shooters) I added gavins autofire fire requests after thinking about it (new semi auto and fully auto with easy control). So you are wrong ill add them when they are properly thought out and not before that. I also added alot of options back with a new Basic / Advanced switch now but not untill it was thought out. Added favs, quick fav selection but only when it was thought out. Added sound enabling disabling for people but only when thought out and auto.

Are you right...............ummmmmmm do you want more examples?

could I add the stuff in earlier the answer is yes.... ive also stated many times it needs to be to my vision and many people take stuff personally Im just saying no for now untill its thought out alot of the time and im quite willing to talk about stuff.... alot of the time it at least is in my head and yes you will have to convince me that its in my vision as I have to do the work...if not send me a patch or prove you can do it and ill allow that for sure. If I did what people asked for I would have a build like HK (very PC like and well coded) but I dont want this and never had as I personally dont really like it.