Tekken 6 is almost here..

Tekken has always had crazy (lame?!) characters. there are fighting bears in it for chrissakes, not to mention dinosaurs, kangaroos and robots.

But those are really out there, crazy, and weird. These are just goofy looking humans.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for Tekken 6 for years. Tekken 6 will be the first Tekken game that I actually purchase.

I played Tekken 1,2,3,Tag,4,5 as a child, but I played them either through methods of pirating, renting, or of someone else's ownership.

I've been waiting for Tekken 6 for years. Tekken 6 will be the first Tekken game that I actually purchase.

I played Tekken 1,2,3,Tag,4,5 as a child, but I played them either through methods of pirating, renting, or of someone else's ownership.

So when the series began you said something like "I SHALL NOT BUY ANY TEKKEN UNTIL THE 6TH TEKKEN AND NOTHING ELSE BUT THE 6TH TEKKEN, NOT TEKKEN 5 AND NOT TEKKEN 7, BUT TEKKEN 6"?

So when the series began you said something like "I SHALL NOT BUY ANY TEKKEN UNTIL THE 6TH TEKKEN AND NOTHING ELSE BUT THE 6TH TEKKEN, NOT TEKKEN 5 AND NOT TEKKEN 7, BUT TEKKEN 6"?

No.

I've been waiting for Tekken 6 for years

Tekken 5 was released in 2005, I have been waiting for Tekken 6, since then.

its about time they added more fat Samo Hung inspired characters in video games !!!

sorta makes me wonder if they will ever add Cheng SinZan into a KOF

From a design standpoint Akira is pretty generic. But from a fighting style standpoint Akira is in a class all his own. He has a unique and authentic rare Chinese martial art style.

Tekken does have some of the WORSE character designs EVAR!!! in fighting game history. But they also have some of the coolest. It's an odd mix.

If they took out all the stupid animals and super natural characters I think the game would be much better.

Namco is trying to get Vf vs Tekken going still.

VF has always been the more technical of the 3d fighters. where as Tekken is more about memorized combo strings. (not that there is anything wrong with that.) what I like about Tekken is the control scheme. one button per limb, back to block, not to many complex stick movements.

I hate button to block games. for some reason I can never get used to them. I guess cuz I grew up playing SF and not MK.

Despite some odd character design, i still like Tekken.

VF is too technical to be fun, DOA is too simplistic to be fun either. And I am with Inky, can't get used to Block button :)

Also, I really like Lei Wu long since T2 as he plays a lot like Jackie Chan!

I think Tekken became and still is more popular than VF for a reason. That reason has got nothing to do with how 'technical' either series is, though vf fans love to try and take that high road.

The problem with the VF games is how they feel. How the characters move, how they attack, and how they take a hit. Whether its that stupid thunder clap sound that rings out when a hit lands, Akira's faster than light movements or the floaty way characters jump, the games have been and still are unconvincing. Sure the characters look real good in vf5, but to control, they still feel like the papier mache covered wire frames they were in vf1.

Tekken on the other hand at least feels like its improved the feel of characters and attacks over its many sequels. I still wouldn't say its perfect in this respect, but even when you're juggling and bouncing opponents the attacks feel more 'weighty' and believable.

I don't hate the vf series. Believe me I put so much money into the VF2 arcade game, and still enjoy the odd go on vf5. Tekken though, as long as they never make another Tekken4 mistake, will always be prefered over vf.

Edited by basilbr