If you want to open an arcade center, what games would you include?

Let's not put profit into consideration, otherwise many older games would not be profitable anymore.

Since the total number of machines that a room can fit is limited, would you place more than one game in a series? Such as having more than one KOF games? Or even more than one machine loaded with the same game?

Would you have a balanced number of lightgun/driving/joystick+buttons games?

Balanced number of different genres such as Shumps and Beatemups?

I'm just interested to see what everyone's tastes are.

Star Wars Cockpit

Pac-Man/Ms Pac-Man

Galaga

Galaxian

Afterburner II Cockpit (1 and 2 are the same game btw, 1 never made it outside of Japan and just doesn't have throttle and less missle stock)

Street Fighter 2 Turbo

New Zealand Story

Double Dragon

Puzzle Bobble

Arkanoid

TMNT (I own this already)

Aero Fighters (Also own this)

Neo Geo (I own a 4 slot and a few games, switch em out.......that's the point)

Suzuka 8hrs

Tekken 2 + 3

Virtual On

Daytona USA

Sure I could think of more, but not ATM

ALRIGHT! I like this question. Suffice to say Arcades are dead... I have a badass one nearby, had ashtrays bolted to the side of the cabinets, they sell cups of beer, and have 50 cent hotdogs... but they do so poorly now, they dont get anything! I still have yet to play the new Tekken.

Well Ill set up the invirons. Lets say I have beer and hotdogs, and you can smoke... just like my arcade here. Ok.

Id have a few (top notch) pinball games. Probably no more than 3. Id have an air hockey table. Screw DDR. 1 Ultracade cabinet. (basically 50 or so old ass games in the ultracade cabinet) Ok id have 2 4 slot Neo Geo cabinets. Games for them... cant decide... 2 Tekken 6's, Zero Gunner, Darius Gaiden, 2 F Zero's linked, Area 51 or equivelent. a 4 player Dungeons & Dragons 2, Hmm I'll add more, or decide the neo geo games later...

ALRIGHT! I like this question. Suffice to say Arcades are dead... I have a badass one nearby, had ashtrays bolted to the side of the cabinets, they sell cups of beer, and have 50 cent hotdogs... but they do so poorly now, they dont get anything! I still have yet to play the new Tekken.

Well Ill set up the invirons. Lets say I have beer and hotdogs, and you can smoke... just like my arcade here. Ok.

Id have a few (top notch) pinball games. Probably no more than 3. Id have an air hockey table. Screw DDR. 1 Ultracade cabinet. (basically 50 or so old ass games in the ultracade cabinet) Ok id have 2 4 slot Neo Geo cabinets. Games for them... cant decide... 2 Tekken 6's, Zero Gunner, Darius Gaiden, 2 F Zero's linked, Area 51 or equivelent. a 4 player Dungeons & Dragons 2, Hmm I'll add more, or decide the neo geo games later...

Yeah, there is also one downtown in my city, I don't know how they can stay in business. There were two, one closed a few years ago.

the arcade I grew up next to was like that, they sold hotdogs and nachos.

I'd have pool, air hockey, and foose ball. a few pinball machines, 2 or 3 four slot neo geo cabs. load em up with metal slug and SNK fighters. a nice mix of beat em ups, and shooters. a few mame cabs for the older stuff. the newest fighters would have to have 2 to 4 cabs each, set up for tournament play. I'd slap a old style juke box in there and some big screens. have football on sundays, ufc events, boxing whatever.

it's really too bad that the arcade is dead in most of the world.

Double Dragon

R-Type

Ghosts 'n' Goblins

Rygar

New Zealand Story

TMNT

SF2 : CE

Progear

Gigawing

Mars Matrix

D&D : Shodows Over Mystara

Ibara

DDP : DOJ

Espgaluda

Ketsui

Muchi Muchi Pork

Mushihimesama + Futari

DDP : DFK

SF : Alpha 3

Sega Rally

Lightgun games were never around much when I was in the arcades except for Operation Wolf :D

gotta have that big dual screen Punch Out. and Street fighter 1 with the huge foam buttons. :D

Yea Raq and Gavin are really feeling me on arcade games. Or rather Im totally feeling their pics. Id think that we 3 would have the best arcade ever. Which means Id need to serve Hamburgers, steak and cheeses, nachoes to seal the deal.

Yea Raq and Gavin are really feeling me on arcade games. Or rather Im totally feeling their pics. Id think that we 3 would have the best arcade ever. Which means Id need to serve Hamburgers, steak and cheeses, nachoes to seal the deal.

Nah, you all fail. There's no classics in your lists except for DD in Gavin's. (And maybe Ghosts and Goblins.......sort of)

You're in Florida right? I'm pretty sure there's a "museum" of sorts there (Or maybe it's in CA)