Dreamcast on LCD TV

Ok so i got a working dreamcast from one of my friends, got home pluged it to tv using the standard rgb cable and surprise...the tv displays 'no signal'...so anyone dc savvy knows what might be the problem? My dvd player works using same rgb type cable.

can you pass the DC through the DVD player?

If by that you mean plug the dc's video to the dvd video then no it doesn't work :D....

TV: 32LG3000 and no im using the standard composite cable, but i bought a composite to scart adaptor and it still doesn't work :D im really baffled...i mean the tv surely supports 640x480 @ 60hz...

Edited by NeoRAGERx

TV: 32LG3000 and no im using the standard composite cable, but i bought a composite to scart adaptor and it still doesn't work :D im really baffled...i mean the tv surely supports 640x480 @ 60hz...

Those RCA to SCART adapters pretty much never work, they always seem wired incorrectly or missing something (I've used some for projects).

I also downloaded the manual that covers your TV, and it only supports PAL/SECAM over the composite video input. Not sure on 60hz (I can't see why it wouldn't support PAL60) but it say's NOTHING about NTSC, so if this is an NTSC Dreamcast, it won't work by default.

Hmm...this is supposedly a pal dc but my friend says the casing has been changed by someone with a ntsc one but well now that you said that my tv doesn't support ntsc im not so sure about being pal...tho with the dvd player when i use s-video i can select ntsc and it displays fine even i get to some of the tv's options not available in pal...i tought with lcd pal and ntsc wasn't a problem anymore...ok so if this is a ntsc dc what i have to do to make it work ? And thanks for helping :D

It might accept NTSC over S-Video, but not Composite. S-Video cables are cheap for DC, get one and try.

Standard Def tuners still conform to NTSC/PAL spec in HD TVs, it's HD signals that don't have NTSC/PAL type.

Did PAL DCs ever come with a metalic fan or only plastic ones ?

Edited by NeoRAGERx

• 1 month later...