The King of Fighters: The Movie

You'll be surprised to find out that the KoF plot is pretty substantially fleshed out. As it spans 3 different sagas throughout all it's games. Sure, you'll need to do some digging but it's all there, and none of it is fan fiction. The games themselves offer a little more story than your regular fighter anyway.

I definitely agree with you. Though SNK is infamous for various engrish, its legacy is through its huge arsenal of very good fighting games, most of which has very intricate yet detailed storylines. Even the lowly filler teams in KoF has at least a clear backstory of their participation as well as an idea of what happened to the participants during each new tournament, and even though these filler teams don't have the "official" ending, their endings somehow connect with the events for the next tourneys. Connecting the 3 Imperial Jewels into character embodiments is simply epic right off the bat, combined with a representation of a human Orochi.

There is also a slideshow of the cast in YouTube, where fans based the portrait of the one to play The Lone Hungry Wolf. I have really no ill comment casting Maggie Q as Mai, despite the lack of the "must" assets.

Somehow, I still find Tekken the movie to have a more apt cast.

I hate to say it, but just like the Street Fighter movie so many fans say was "ruined", you can't ruin something that has no real plot to begin with!

It's a series of fighting games, with tidbits of "plot" and "story", any more plot or story than the little screencaps in game with text, are fan added/made up based on those tiny little blurbs about each character.

Please......why does anyone expect something "awesome" to even be possible with this crap. Same goes for Super Mario Bros and Double Dragon. Bad movies yes, bad "plot" based on the game? WHAT F**KING PLOT!?

Yep. Gotta agree with you on that. Never got into that game and I'm usually into fighting games. I'm not putting too much faith into the movie because of said facts but whatever...

this is actually quite old news, movie is no doubt gonna suck, but im pretty excited over the martial arts choreography especially with Ray Park, Cung Le (bay area legend!), ect