The King of Fighters: The Movie

I hope there are KoF fans here, so I thought I should also bring this up. Hollywood's gonna mess up another game adaptation as well...

King-of-fighters-movie.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_(film)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038685/

"The King of Fighters movie will introduce a new science fiction spin into the setting established in the games’ universe by following the surviving members of three legendary fighting clans who are continually whisked away to other dimensions by an evil power," says insider blog Movieset.

"As the fighters enter each new world they battle that universe’s native defenders, while the force that brought them seeks to find a way to invade and infect our world." :thumbsup1:

To start, the plot. It centers on the 3 Sacred Treasures. The flaw: the main antagonist is NOT AN OROCHI. It would be more OK to have either at least Goenitz, the New Faces, or even Orochi himself as the main enemy but not Rugal (despite being a badass character), but that's simply getting along with the Orochi legend.

As for the cast... somehow there is at least 1 representative for most of the KoF'94/'95 teams, but no Heidern (ironically, one who has a real reason to fight Rugal), Kim, Athena (is the US team negligible?). I'm still crossed fingers at Maggie Q as Mai, and casting an American as Kyo is deja vu of DragonBall Evo. Same with Ray Park as Rugal...

Being quite a big fan of the Orochi arc of KoF, I have quite more rants, but feel free to fill in the rest. :@

I hate to say it, but just like the Street Fighter movie so many fans say was "ruined", you can't ruin something that has no real plot to begin with!

It's a series of fighting games, with tidbits of "plot" and "story", any more plot or story than the little screencaps in game with text, are fan added/made up based on those tiny little blurbs about each character.

Please......why does anyone expect something "awesome" to even be possible with this crap. Same goes for Super Mario Bros and Double Dragon. Bad movies yes, bad "plot" based on the game? WHAT F**KING PLOT!?

I hate to say it, but just like the Street Fighter movie so many fans say was "ruined", you can't ruin something that has no real plot to begin with!

It's a series of fighting games, with tidbits of "plot" and "story", any more plot or story than the little screencaps in game with text, are fan added/made up.

Please......why does anyone expect something "awesome" to even be possible with this crap. Same goes for Super Mario Bros and Double Dragon. Bad movies yes, bad "plot" based on the game? WHAT F**KING PLOT!?

You'll be surprised to find out that the KoF plot is pretty substantially fleshed out. As it spans 3 different sagas throughout all it's games. Sure, you'll need to do some digging but it's all there, and none of it is fan fiction. The games themselves offer a little more story than your regular fighter anyway.

It's a series of fighting games, with tidbits of "plot" and "story", any more plot or story than the little screencaps in game with text, are fan added/made up based on those tiny little blurbs about each character.

"I'm going to get on my bote, and I'm going to keeck, that sonofabitch Bison's ass SO HARD, that the next Bisonwannabe... Is going to feel et...."

Super Mario Bros. move was awesome.

This KOF movie might as well fall into the same category as Dead or Alive (which AFAIK, never got a theater release around here). In all seriousness though, I think, say the NESTS saga would make for an intersting groundwork for a film's plot, but it's hardly surprising if either the scriptwriters or the director pull an Uwe Boll and the end result is an abomination which leaves even the most hardcore fans disappointed.

Should of made a Fatal Fury movie instead of KOF. KOF has too many characters. Doesn't the teaser poster reminds you of a crime syndicate run by a man with psycho power. Just replace the "KOF" with a skull.