CAPCOM VS MARVEL games

If your just starting out with fighting games imo its best to stay on the ground rather then jumping into your opponent. Work on your ground combo's. King of Fighters and SVC are good examples that work well with ground combo's. Games like MvsC1 and 2 Have jumping deep hits that set up certain combo's.

This is just my opinionated take based on my experience and how different 2D fighters feel to me.

In MvsC2 most of the damage done is in air combos.

They can be difficult to master, but practice and experimentation makes perfect in this case.

Until you get the timing down, I suggest you hold up while doing the combos. What game are you trying to get down? They are all very similar but some are faster than others.

Marvel vs Capcom 2. I can do a max of 6 hits, and the enemy gets kicked down by a hard kick. I can't coordinate the movement keys and the buttons for attacking. Thus when I punch the enemy into the air, I can't jump correctly and press attack buttons fast enough at the same time. I keep cringing at the moment because time is so limited.

Oh my... my friend played this religeously. Uhhh Cable wqas pretty sick, he would chain hyper viper beams all over the place. It was dumb. Sentinel... This game suffers from combo overload.

Yea generally 6 hits IN the air is the max, on average, but therre are exceptions, like guile. Id lp, lk something like that, but drift into them and actually do an air throw, which was actually a grab, and heed drop them on his knee, where as you can ducking lk thhem and re-apply the popup... which was silly. Also... Cinder... i mean Iron man had an infinate air combo.... what was it.... a sh!t ton of jumping fierce punches???

Oh my... my friend played this religeously. Uhhh Cable wqas pretty sick, he would chain hyper viper beams all over the place. It was dumb. Sentinel... This game suffers from combo overload.

Yea generally 6 hits IN the air is the max, on average, but therre are exceptions, like guile. Id lp, lk something like that, but drift into them and actually do an air throw, which was actually a grab, and heed drop them on his knee, where as you can ducking lk thhem and re-apply the popup... which was silly. Also... Cinder... i mean Iron man had an infinate air combo.... what was it.... a sh!t ton of jumping fierce punches???

I see, is it possible to do a move such as the viper beam, while in the air? I tried to do it but Cable wouldn't shoot until he hits the ground.

You can escape Guile's throw combo, just tap a lot of lp. Charlie and Cammy can also do this throw combo. It's only good for one try because once you do it your opponent knows what to expect. Iron man's infinit is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Cable's super combo chain is pretty easy to do also and does a lot of damage. You're timing has to be perfect. I've gotten over 100 hits with it.

I see, is it possible to do a move such as the viper beam, while in the air? I tried to do it but Cable wouldn't shoot until he hits the ground.

Yes it absolutely is. My friend wout do a setup... usually calling in someone for support, then throw a grenade, then tap FP to do his handgun shots... Rince and repeat, when the opponet bit (the bait) he would do the Hyper viper beam, then immeadiately use the "Scimitar" move... its like a uppercut move, and do the Hyper Viper beam just as he intered the air.... linking the moves together... then of course he would tag in sentinel, and continue the combo to ridiculous proportions lol

You can escape Guile's throw combo, just tap a lot of lp. Charlie and Cammy can also do this throw combo. It's only good for one try because once you do it your opponent knows what to expect.

ahhh ok

So Lob1, I am picking up on a few things from what you wrote. First of all is timing. What I would say, if not from a faq of some sort, try to mess around with the timing of evreything. Pick a few ppl you really like, and feel them out until your playing naturally WITH them... lol, not against them, fighting them to make a move come out. Also go onto Youtube and look at comboes of said characters, to get some good ideas for combos. If you cant pull something off because your unsure, try and look up a faq. But if your having issues with the timing still, just practice... drill rather. Hopefully your playing at home and not in an arcade. If you are at home, you have plenty of opportunity to drill. Like as in, trying something over and over, adjusting the timing at which you do things. Once your fimilar, you'll have no issues. For the most part