How do i get rid of spyware pop-ups?

How do i get rid of spyware pop-ups?

I checked my msconfig start up programs and saw these things ticked below.I know they are trojan spyware that are creating pop ups when i am online.How do i get rid of them?I know the first on the list is my avg virus program it's the other ones that are ticked i need to remove.

25688672.jpg[/url] By mjj581971[/img]

You can start by unticking them, so that [hopefully] they won't start the next time you start Windows. The problem is that many trojans are sneaky enough to somehow manage to activate themselves even their processes are supposedly unticked in the System Configuration Utility.

I had a similar issue with my computer a few weeks back, and the only thing that saved the day was a System Restore point a few days earlier.

You should also check the registry key entires for them and delete all keys that point to those DLL files. After that, try deleting the files in Safe Mode and/or running your antio-virus program in safe mode to see if it can delete/quarantine those files.

I unticked them.Yet they still come back when i restart.I also went to run...and typed regedit...and located them under windows\current version\run.

Then deleted them from that too.Yet they are still coming back.I used a virus scanner...avg...and even the online trend micro scan.....and both of them said i didn't have any viruses.

But like i said ,they are still listed in my system 32 folder.I went into that folder and couldn't see them.

I don't know what else to do.

Are you getting little Windows Error boxes popping up, on startup and when you open pretty much anything?

Those look familiar, from my mothers computer I just had to clear out. If it's the same trojans/malware you're absolutely HOOPED as it hooks into any executable it can get ahold of. It trashed Windows so bad, I had to boot a Linux live CD to back her files up because after the AV got done, several key programs Windows runs were unrepairable.

I went into safe mode and deleted all of them accept the one named sugemeha.

I couldn't find it in the system 32 folder.And that is where it says it is located.Weird.Even in safe mode i couldn't find it.

And no i am not getting all error messages.

Is hijack this hard to use?

Edited by SF2MJ

back up your data and format/reinstall windows. it's the only way to be sure your clean.

I just used hijackthis.....i did a scan...and clicked on all the files with the spyware name.Then clicked fix checked.Then clicked yes to remove the files.I did a scan again...and the damn things were listed again.

ComboFix should detect and destroy all your infections, it's a great (free) tool. Also it does no harm to run Spybot, and more importantly Trojan Remover which has a 30-day free trial, fully functional. Using those 3 in combination has resolved any probs I have ever had. Though something like AVG/Avast in conjunction with Comodo Firewall (w/ Defense+) should prevent anything infecting your machine in the first place.