NO$GBA error message "Your .sav is corrupt"

juhs2deso

Hey guys, I'm newbie :shootem: . Well, I was playing MYSIMS rom on the latest vers. of NO$GBA, then I saved the game and closed NO$GBA. Later I runned (ran?) NO$GBA again, but when I clicked on load game it said : "Your .sav file is corrupt. .Sav file will be deleted." Something just like that. Can you guys help me? Btw, sorry my poor english, hope you can understand it. :blink:

Edited by juhs2deso

I've had this happen before, but I don't know why... never happened with the save states though, so I just had alot of savestates.

Or... was that the other good DS emu... whatever. I ran both to cover anything.

It has nothing to do with thew game being corrupt or anything of that sort. It means that the game can't read the save data, because No$Gba has been configured to use an NDS savetype that the game doesn't support (hence corrupting the save file when you try to load it.

The latest free version is 2.6 which doesn't have automatic savetype detection. The latest true, non-free version is 2.6a which has automatic savetype detection among a host of other fixes.

It's still worth remembering that even though 2.6a has automatic savetype detection (provided that it is set to Auto of course), it still isn't foolproof in some games. So experiment by setting the savetype manually and then resetting the game till you hit the right one. Also note that your previous save is gone. If it gets corrupted, it's corrupt for good, so delete it and start from scratch.