North Korea is throwing a kindergarten tantrum

You realize the Korean conflict was partly a stalemate because the Chinese didn't want the American forces that near their borders, right? They gave the Koreans support partly for just that reason. You really think they'd just let that buffer zone fall? If anything, the Chinese would encourage the Americans/etc to come from the south [where the border is most heavily fortified and full of land mines] and then come from the North and taking possession of anything they felt a right to have, and they would very likely cover most of the country before the American "distraction" could progress very far.

I don't recall saying anything to the contrary........wow

You implied it with what you said. This debate tactic is very poor, please try something else next time. You really do use this every time you're on the defensive.

If anything, I forsee China stepping on some NK toes. Then if China doesn't get their way, everyone else has free range to help them get it.

If NK doesn't bend over for China, you can bet China will allow others to help make them.

P.S. This isn't the 2 Korea's flocking with each other this time around, this is NK flocking with everyone else. China sure as crap doesn't want a hostile neighbor that could cause China problems with everyone else.

Since when has China given one crap about what the world thinks of them? Seriously? They cracked down on the Tibetans right before the Olympics... If they have a neighbor they don't like, they'll simply go in and make that neighbor see things their way.

The way I see it (and I could very well be incorrect) is that N. Korea is China's whiney poor little neighbor. When things go wrong, China is there to wipe their ass. They are however getting fed up. Ol' Kim needs to take a back seat but he himself said that he's doing this to prove that human rights doesn't exist. He's trying to make some moot point. American troops have already been sent over there ready for what's next. I believe we all know. Japan has told them point blank that they would take precautionary measures and China has told them to back off. If N. Korea is going to do their thing, China isn't going to attack..they're too busy taking over other countries economically. They're just going to step back and let American troops go in with guns blazing like we always do.

A brief ramble:

This stuff makes me angry..so we attack a country that has so called "WMAs" and kill off the leader (who indeed was an a-hole but not the one responsible for our primary reason for going to war), totally ignoring the one who was responsible, then Americans cry over Iran and Russia and now that we have more of a threat, we're just dilly dallying along like it's no big deal. I think our military geniuses have things a bit ass backwards.

It would be interesting to see North Korea destroyed. At least I won't mind. I might even get a laugh out of it.

It would be interesting to see North Korea destroyed. At least I won't mind. I might even get a laugh out of it.

That's fine, as long as I get to keep my Japans.

I don't want the whole country destroyed..Kim has over 200,000 political prisoners including children. We should just be the big brother and have him contained and let those people take care of him the way they see fit.

My empathy for North Korea is just about as existant as my abilty to go a running back flip off a speeding car off a house.

One of the problems with North Korea is the lack of input into the global market. Nobody depends on North Korea and the only other country it wants to depend on is China. However, I don't think even China really wants whatever it is they have to offer. Every other industrialized country is trading left and right with countries other than their allies (even China).

One of the problems with North Korea is the lack of input into the global market. Nobody depends on North Korea and the only other country it wants to depend on is China. However, I don't think even China really wants whatever it is they have to offer. Every other industrialized country is trading left and right with countries other than their allies (even China).

I agree. Nobody has any use for North Korea when it comes to economical situations. Yet, I don't think that just because their government is full of pigs the people should suffer for it. If that was the case, U.S.A should have been wiped out decades ago.

Too bad they won't ever unite with South Korea anymore. I hate seeing countries divided like that. But then again, none or the other are any different. One's a military dictatorship living on torture and live human experiments and the other is a capitalist fanboy seething with corruption and cartels in every possible industry.