Swine Flu

the media is working everyone up.

here is a fact.

like 100 people WORLD WIDE have died from swine flu.

over 300,000 people IN THE USA die of regular old flu every year.

you should be more scared of the regular flu, or getting struck by lightning, or hit by a bus. you have a better chance of hitting the Lotto then dieing from swine flu.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it elsewhere.....

When ten thousand people have died from it, and it's confirmed, get back to me.

WHat have we got so far? A whole bunch of cases that most have been confirmed as NOT being Swine Flu, with a drop in the bucket for confirmed cases.

Outside of Mexico, where squalor is to be blamed for deaths and Swine Flu being indirectly related to them, 1(?) death?

It's IMPOSSIBLE for a pandemic to happen, as this virus can't kill 99% of people it infects without the help of other factors. Poor living conditions where other things can attack your compromised immune system are where it's going to kill most.

Media fear-mongering, and nothing more.

Hand sanitizer is complete rubbish. I'm surprised that people have actually overlooked the common and effective washing of the hands with hot water and soap.

I haven't but it is convenient having it around when you aren't near proper facilities. Especially when having children. I see nothing wrong with it.

That picture actually originated from a guy on the webmagic forums (Where KLOV was, is now separate for the Lymphoma forums). That's his kid, and his wife died from Lymphoma.......just a little tidbit I know.

Not that I really find it offensive or anything, just find it odd to see it anywhere else.

they were closing schools for 2 weeks. then 3 days later they were like. "uhh we are opening the schools. it's not the Apocalypse like we thought."