Jason A.K.A. Ice R.I.P.

Robert

The "main man" at EmuAsylum, Ice (aka Jason) died a few days ago in his sleep, aged 30.

He suffered from Neurofibromatosis type II (NF2), an inherited condition which causes tumours and general loss of functions.

In Jason's case he was deaf, unable to walk, and nearly blind.

And yet, he successfully ran EmuAsylum for many years well enough that nobody knew of his problems.

He had been hospitalised a number of times recently, and was scheduled for an operation to have a tumour removed from his back.

R.I.P. Jason, you had many friends in the emulation scene. :lol:

http://www.emuasylum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43777

Wow, that is sad. :S

Can't say I've spent much time at EA, but I most certainly make use of their services (it's much easier than logging in to my other "sources").

I nearly never visited EA, but it's always a tragedy to see a man die at such a young age.

Kudos to all the stuff he still did at a time he was ill, a loss for the emulation community and all his friends and his family.

My condolences to his friends and his family.

Edited by MasterPhW

We have lost a longtime fellow emulator and gamer. He passed away on 04-11-2009. He was quite young. I had talked to him a few times on MSN Messenger and got to know him a bit. He was a real honest tell ya like it is person. He was always willing to help out anyone including the annoying noobs. I dare not post a link to his site as I got warned before for it. So those who don't know who I am talking about or need the address to pay your respects just pm me here or email me at jitway@msn.com.

We had a thread about this in our staff forum, which I have merged with this topic created by Jitway. I'm going to allow the link to the discussion topic (relating to this matter) on their forums just this once, which can be seen in Robert's first post above.

Way back then, probably 2002/3 I used EA quite a bit. It was really my first emulation site. I never knew Ice at all but I am the same age so I can relate to that. R.I.P.

I am a bit dismayed that this topic languished in the Staff forums for over a week before finally finding it's way to us minions.