Game Critics

Hera

I tend to find the Angry Video Game Nerd amusing. What do you guys think about him or any other known game critic?

Adam Sessler is funny, and so is the Zero Punctuation guy.

But i think Latter reviewer is sometimes a tad too dramatic in his reviews, making a d ecent game seem like a terror to the world.

I think hes trying too hard to not be a nerd but doesn't understand that hes just coming off as nerdier.

My favorite game critics are the fanboys "z0mg Halo can beat any game in the whole #@*$ing world dood!!!"

Funny as first but tend to get tedious and boring as you know what's going to happen. Plus, I tend not to listen to video reviews as they usually tell me what I can usually figure from playing the game myself.

True..I have been getting a bit annoyed with some of AGVN's stuff. Like the cheesy animations that go on for a few minutes that have nothing to do with the review. His new stuff is a bit redundant. My favorite ones of him are the earlier ones as well. I loved the videos on the Power Glove since I had that as a kid and totally know where he's coming from. Same goes with the NES accessories vid...it was very hilarious to me. His Top Gun vid hit home as well...so yeah, he can be pretty funny and creative at times but I also agree that he's trying a bit too hard in which case he shouldn't.

I don't really go by the opinions of critics..it's like with movies, I'm going to watch/play what I please and come up with my own opinion on them. Everyone has different playing styles and preferences. Nevertheless, it's still somewhat enjoyable sometimes.

I enjoy Yahtzee. I don't pay much attention to reviewers en general, and only watch ZP for the comedy. not for any type of buying (lol buying.. right) decision.

I liked the AVGN back when he reviewed games and kept corny antics out of them. I would prefer to have all of his reviews structured like his TMNT review, or his review of Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. Now that he's getting paid for what he's doing, he's bringing in too many gimmicks, that ultimately brings him off of the topic of actually reviewing the game at hand, I find it dumb, immature, and unneeded.

The SpoonyOne is actually a fairly unique commentator, he's unintentionally witty, or so it seems. On his Video Game reviews he's funny at all times, his references are down right large in quantity. I think he has a likable personality, and he would seem like a good guy to know personally.

Stan Burdman's sarcasm is hilarious, I've rarely seen him talk about something seriously. I admire how he slowly enunciates words and frankly spits out jokes. During his Video Game reviews is when he is most honest, but his sarcasm is ingenious.

The shows Judgement Day and X-Play suck ass. After watching them when I first got the G4/Tech TV channel I soon realized they didn't know what the hell they were talking about.