Rage Against the Machine to record new material?

Wizard

Rage Against the Machine to record again?

20.04.2009 | MattTheRatt

Although guitarist Tom Morello has repeatedly turned down numerous offers to record again with Rage Against the Machine, rumours abound that the reunited political rap-rock giants will enter the studio in the near future to record their first album since 2000's "Renegades".

The band have not revealed a release date, nor confirmed if their longtime label Epic Records will handle the new album. Since reuniting in 2007, Rage Against the Machine have been touring and playing festivals almost non-stop. Vocalist Zach de la Rocha even found time to release a self-titled EP with former Mars Volta drummer Jon Theodore under the name One Day as a Lion.

Morello has also been sowing his creative seeds with his own solo project, The Nightwatchman, and according to him, that's all he needs. "[The Nightwatchman is] my principal musical focus, as I see it, for the remainder of my life. From the earliest days of playing open mic nights at coffee houses, it was apparent to me that this music was as important to me as any music I've ever been involved in. It really encapsulates everything I want to do as an artist," he says. Right now, the band have no plans to tour or play any more live shows, although Morello noted that he doesn't "see any reason to not play more shows".

http://www.killyourstereo.com/news/0/3125/...o-record-again/

OH man, I would LOVE to see those guys back together and hear more tunes! Those guys were awesome..

There was rumors about this since last years Lollapalooza.

I get so sick of De La Rochas voice...

And if you listen to Morello's solo work (amazing btw), well, I'd suspect to see some of those influences and that might clash.

There were rumors ever since they did the reunion tour. The House of Blues jam Tom and Zack did at the House of Blues and done during the tour (under CIW Jam) made out to be "Wild International" on One Day as a Lion EP (De La Rocha on keys+Jon Theodore (of Mars Volta) on drums, should check it out if your a fan of RATM in general) just screams RATM, also shows that he still got rhymes.

At least it shows he has alot of material to work with to give to RATM if he doesn't take it too One Day as a Lion.

Morello's folk-solo material is also great. You can hear the Springsteen influence in it.

RATM is the only rap/rock band I can stand. I like Zach's voice, and Tom is a genius at getting strange sounds out of his guitar.

but in all seriousness I prefer the traditional rock stylings of Audioslave.

if I had to choose one, I have to go with Audioslave. sorry Zach.

RATM is the only rap/rock band I can stand. I like Zach's voice, and Tom is a genius at getting strange sounds out of his guitar.

but in all seriousness I prefer the traditional rock stylings of Audioslave.

if I had to choose one, I have to go with Audioslave. sorry Zach.

Same here. Cornell can get annoying too, but I liked Audioslave's sound much better.

I've been a Chris Cornell fan since Soundgarden's badmotorfinger. Best album to come out of Seattle during the grunge phase. sorry to Nirvana and Pearl Jam, but it's true. Badmotorfinger puts Ten and Nevermind to shame.

I've been a Chris Cornell fan since Soundgarden's badmotorfinger. Best album to come out of Seattle during the grunge phase. sorry to Nirvana and Pearl Jam, but it's true. Badmotorfinger puts Ten and Nevermind to shame.

Have you listened to his solo work? He has a cover of Billie Jean thats not too bad.