Gamecube Controller Alternatives?

Does anyone know of any GC alternative controllers that have a nicer D-Pad, maybe nicer button placement? The standard one doesn't work well with games like MMX Collection. Or in general for that matter.

I know about the HORI one but its too rare/expensive.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of any GC alternative controllers that have a nicer D-Pad, maybe nicer button placement? The standard one doesn't work well with games like MMX Collection. Or in general for that matter.

I haven't been able to find ANYTHING. Perhaps my resources are limited but I really dislike the controllers for the GC. :D

I haven't been able to find ANYTHING. Perhaps my resources are limited but I really dislike the controllers for the GC. :D

It seems like there really isn't one. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I might just go with a GC - PS2 controller converter but I'd rather have something built specifically for the GC to avoid any compatibility issues.

I just use a PS2 style controller. I either map the C-buttons to the four face buttons or to the right analog stick.

Do you have any problems with the triggers because they function on sensitivity on the GC but not on the PS2?

All the buttons on the PS2 controller are pressure sensitive (excluding Select and Start, obviously). It's another matter whether the adapter actually recognizes this.

All the buttons on the PS2 controller are pressure sensitive (excluding Select and Start, obviously). It's another matter whether the adapter actually recognizes this.

The pressure sensitive crap on the PS2 buttons is literally one gigantic JOKE. They don't work well at all.

I can understand the Dpad hate on the Cube controller, but otherwise it's a far superior controller to anything I've ever used.

Why not get one of those Hori Digital pads?

The pressure sensitive crap on the PS2 buttons is literally one gigantic JOKE. They don't work well at all.

I can understand the Dpad hate on the Cube controller, but otherwise it's a far superior controller to anything I've ever used.

Why not get one of those Hori Digital pads?

I really want a Hori Digital pad but they are hard to come across and when I do find them, they are upwards of $40-50+ and I don't want to spend that much on a controller :/

I actually prefer the way PS2 does it. I think they work fine. In contrast, I can't stand the GC controller's pressure sensitive triggers.

Wait... what? On the GC? or ever? Besides... almost ANYTHING is better that the GC controller. OMFG what were they smoking. Sh!tty bean shaped c buttons, big A little b. Like Agozer says... those triggers are annoying. How the hell can anyone play that new Cap vs whatever game with any decency with it?

"Far superior"... I'm speechless.