MUGEN?

-VIOLENCE-

"You are going to have to convert all the sprites into.pcx format and insert them into an sff file."

this is all explained in the mugen read me file?

Well the converting part isn't explained in the docs it just tells you you need sprites in.pcx format. It's up to you to get.pcx sprites and then everything is explained in the docs.

In some website i read about the.PCX files, it's what comes after you convert the PNG... Soo the steps are PNG...PCX... and then the sff file?
Yep. :P

I have to take screenshots of every single movement huh... >. <

like, walking,runing,jumping,all punch,kicks...

Well you don't HAVE to take screenshots of them all. You could make them instead :P Seriously yes you have to take screenshots of everything you want to be in your character. The ripping process is the longest part of creation in mugen. Don't forget to count your ticks as you rip.

Here is all the sprites I ripped for my 1st character Pyron, before I remembered I should count ticks >_<

http://www.freewebs.com/thedreamslayer/mas...ite%20sheet.rar

It took me about a month to get all these.

My sprite rips can be used by anybody too if someone wanted to use these for some reason.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, way cool sprite pictures :P

is that how it's supposed to look like? Bunch up everything into one big PCX file?

the reason why i ask that is... My pcx doesn't look like that infact i have a lot of PCX file...

HowItLooks.jpg

Am i even going the right track here?

And i'm sorry but, what is a TICK again? :P

THANKS TEAM PLAYER!

is that how it's supposed to look like? Bunch up everything into one big PCX file?

the reason why i ask that is... My pcx doesn't look like that infact i have a lot of PCX file...

No it's not supposed to be 1 big pcx file.

That was one of my n00b mistakes :P

Am i even going the right track here?

Yes.

And i'm sorry but, what is a TICK again?
A tick is how long a frame of animation lasts per second.

Mugen and arcades usually run at 60 frames/ticks per second.

When you are ripping sprites you need to count how long it takes you to get to the next fram as you frame advance. Each time you frame advance is 1 tick. If not then when you start programming you'll have to come back and get them anyway which will mean you basically have to do everything all over again.

I have a question about those rips, does K have the color black on him. If he is then you need to make his background color pink or something else different. The reason for the pink background is because no character ever has that color in there sprites. The background color is the color that will be invisible in mugen.

oohh i see... I think i understand now why everything must be inside a big PCX file like your graphic...

I looked at your PCX and i saw all kinds of animations, All of those pictures have to be inside one big thing so when you convert into that one file i forget <. <; so that the MUGEN can read it ne? Sooo I'm going to have to make one giant PCX and put K's stuff inside there right? Does it have to be in a particular order? Like.. walking...running...stopp...etc? and all the pictures have to be perfectly straight on the Giant PCX file right?

So what i must do is, make one giant PCX file on adobe photoshop and copy and paste all my animtions into that giant PCX right?

and, the background was set to black on kawaks 1.45 when i captured images...

lol

THANKS ALOT TEAM PLAYER! :P

No No No

Don't make it 1 big pcx file.

That was just a mistake I did when I 1st started. I only uploaded it to show you that you have to rip all the sprites.

Keep them all seperate because you have to put them into the.sff file 1 by 1.

I apologize if I threw you off.

and, the background was set to black on kawaks 1.45 when i captured images...
might need to redo them then unless you can seperate the blacks on K from the one in the background.

Open Kung Fu man up in MEE and you will see how the sprites are set up. Yes they do go in a certain order but only in the sff and air files.

ohh okay, I guess i have to redo those sprites with the pink background -.-;

oh yeah, ummm do you know how to get rid of the other character in the main screen? So if i take pictures the other character is not on the screen?

:o THANKS TEAM PLAYER!

Cool it worked, i unchecked all kinds of boxes with the preview blink option i got everything in the screen except player one [K'] started to blink.

Debug1.jpg

this is how it looks like with everything gone when i take animations

but then

Debug2.jpg

when i do the shift+space to get the animations the other animations pop up

I know i sound like a broken record but this is the correct way to get debug sprite right?

I didn't really get the debug thing on that website you gave me, so what i did was just disable background and just take animation by taking screen shots on the screen.

THANKS A LOT TEAM PLAYER! :o