MUGEN?

-VIOLENCE-

okay, how exactly do i know if i am ripping correctly?

so if i take screen shot frame by frame the picture of Iori will be in my screen shot folder with a pinky background ne?

Also, is it possble to use paint shop Pro version 8?

On the website i cannot find a version 7 -.-;

<_<

Edited by -VIOLENCE-

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, how exactly do i know if i am ripping correctly?.

If your getting Iori ripped with nothing in the way to make it tougher to cut him out and if it is making an animation then you are obviously doing right

so if i take screen shot frame by frame the picture of Iori will be in my screen shot folder with a pinky background ne?

Correct. All the shots you take should be in the screenshots folder in png format.

Any version of Paintshop will do. When the faq was made it was before version 8 came out.

Edited by The TeamPlayer

kay, ummm i think i'm on the right track here...

HALP.JPG

this is how my screen look like when i disabled some neo geo switches...

and for some reason KEN is always punching.. *lookie! it's IORI... and he is all discoloured... -.-;;*lol anyways is it supposed to look like this when i take screens?

here are some screen shots that i took

svcplus003.jpg

svcplus004.jpg

svcplus006.jpg

okay lol.. i think i get it... ummm like you take screen shots with the pink background frame by frame like the website says

and then you take those pictures and then put it inside the paintshop pro and

put them together with the gif animator??

THANKS A LOT TEAM PLAYER!! <_<

Edited by -VIOLENCE-

this is how my screen look like when i disabled some neo geo switches...

and for some reason KEN is always punching.. lol anyways is it supposed to look like this when i take screens?

Ken is punching because you pushed the A button:P You need to disable player 1 and player 2 if you are going to use the gif trick to acquire the full palette. Because you only want Iori's colors. Mugen chars are limited to 256 colors.

*lookie! it's IORI... and he is all discoloured... -.-;;*
Iori is the wrong color because you have not picked Iori as player 1. You picked Ken. You need to pick Iori as player 1 so that the debug object has the correct colors.

Looks like you get to start over again <_< Don't worry everybody messes up ALOT! You'll make many rookie mistakes while learning and have to start over again in many areas. But that will give you experience and make you a better creator. After about a month of this you'll start seeing why some creators get so ticked for there stuff to be stolen from them and someone get credit for anothers hard work.

and then you take those pictures and then put it inside the paintshop pro and

put them together with the gif animator??

You'll only want to use the gif animator trick after you have ripped all the sprites including all sparks and fire effects. The animation trick is to acquire all the colors from each frame. That's why you don't want any extra characters or any other sprites on the screen besides Iori.

I finally Took Some screen shots of some characters!! ;)

Thank you team player^^ ;)

I went to some other website and they tell you how to crop the pictures...

and well the directions are not correct when i try to crop the picture it gets really screwy >, < I followed all the directions and still doesn't work...

Help!!

The website says...

1. First get the image you want to crop

2. draw a box around the image using the selection tools

3. then, as you box your picture look at the bottom screen to find the numbers

Error1.JPG

See how it says 95 x 126? the website said to remember that number...

4. After that, click on IMAGE then to Canvas Size, and type the numbers into the thingy there...

Error2.JPG

and then when i press enter...

Error3.JPG

it becomes like this... >, <

I don't understand why it does that...

here is the webpage where i got the information from, Maybe you'll understand what I did wrong,

Clicky Here

- Thank you!!!

Don't worry about cropping it yourself. Get Zcharcad or MEE. They have crop features.

I haven't tried it yet but I was told if you put all the sprites in elecbyte's sprite maker program and crop them they will all maintian there correct axis. (One of the benefits of ripping from the debug is you can get the correct axis from each rip)

ohhh okay... Soo since my picture doesn't crop well that means i didn't rip them correctly? ;)

and i searched for MEE i cannot find it

but the Zcharcad Software i found one spanish website about it, is this some secret program for M.U.G.E.N.? Any clue where to find these programs?

-Thank You!

MEE

ZCharCad

ohhh okay... Soo since my picture doesn't crop well that means i didn't rip them correctly?

Nah it just meant I was too lazy to tell you what you did wrong in cropping them yourself ;)

Besides the method you chose is much slower than using the MEE or ZCharcad programs.

but the Zcharcad Software i found one spanish website about it, is this some secret program for M.U.G.E.N.? Any clue where to find these programs?
No it's just a hard to find mugen creating program. It's the one I use the most but many other people use MEE more. They are the best two without a doubt.

Ohh okay... :lol:

The two websites are down >,< they must get a lot of downloads ;)

After I create all these gif animations, i then put it inside the M.U.G.E.N. program to make them moves and stuff?

If that's true, that means i must take pictures of Backgrounds and put them in as well?? ;)

- Thank you for the links team player!

Odd the ZcharCad site is working fine for me.

My bad about the MEE link I gave a wrong link XD

Here's the MEE link ;)

After I create all these gif animations, i then put it inside the M.U.G.E.N. program to make them moves and stuff?
Remember that gif animation is only to get all the colors for your palette, it has nothing to do with animating it for the game itself.

You are going to have to convert all the sprites into.pcx format and insert them into an sff file.

Not to be rude but once you have all the sprites ready you need to start reading all the docs that came with mugen. They explain how to make sff, air, cmd, and all the other mugen files. And use KungFu man as your base that's what he is there for.

If that's true, that means i must take pictures of Backgrounds and put them in as well??
Yes to make your own stages you will have to rip them as well. Stages and screenpacks are the easiest to make.

You can always ask me anything if you get stumped anywhere along the way.

Edited by The TeamPlayer

Thank you again for the links ;) I downloaded all the stuff under MEE

you said -

"You are going to have to convert all the sprites into.pcx format and insert them into an sff file."

this is all explained in the mugen read me file?

In some website i read about the.PCX files, it's what comes after you convert the PNG... Soo the steps are PNG...PCX... and then the sff file?

I have to take screenshots of every single movement huh... >. <

like, walking,runing,jumping,all punch,kicks... ;)

lol thanks a lot TEAM PLAYER! :lol: