MUGEN?

-VIOLENCE-

i think i finally downloaded the right program..

when you click on mugen icon does the screen go black and into this small little box that says "M.U.G.E.N." and clouds are moving, it looks kind of like a nintendo game or somthing. There are menus like, arcade, vs, team, etc. But on the top of the screen it says the period has expired... :blink:

-.-; is that the correct mugens?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah i see, is there a FAQ on how to extract these characters from the games...

Can i take images like IORI or K from my kawaks KOF roms and put it inside the M.U.G.E.N. program :o

thanks alot for the website i read it and it's quite useful.. but i'm still confused lol

i don't understand this part here

"1P A increases the object's action.

1P B decreases the object's action.

1P C changes character in object.

1P D changes character in object.

Object inherits 1st players palette. That's why we've chosen 1st player as our rippable character.

Now, change the character in the Debug Object with 1P C/D."

I followed the directions and i do see some text on the screen and a person in the middle of the two fighters.

KawaksRip.JPG

does it have to be this small? can i make the screen bigger??

I also did these steps... "go to VIDEO, DISABLE, DISABLE 8x8 sprites (Alt+1)

Also set the background color to pink in VIDEO, SET BACKGROUND COLOR, PINK."

but i don't understand this part here...

"Go to TOOLS, select SHOTSFACTORY and uncheck all items except the corresponding to the debug object."

KawaksRip2.JPG

I unchecked them all and the entire screen was pink lol...

which ones should i remove?? :o

I don't have most of the programs like the PCXor whatever it's called and that huge list, do i really need those??

and thanks alot! :)

Edited by -VIOLENCE-

i think i finally downloaded the right program..

when you click on mugen icon does the screen go black and into this small little box that says "M.U.G.E.N." and clouds are moving, it looks kind of like a nintendo game or somthing. There are menus like, arcade, vs, team, etc. But on the top of the screen it says the period has expired...  :o

-.-; is that the correct mugens?

about the period has expired don´t worry

about the shots factory you have to uncheck htings so that the characters is the only one remaining, i have read some tutorials about that, but they are in spanish anyway in a post i made about mugen links there is a site with lots of mugen links in all languages and has links to many sites about ripping and stuff, check them out

"1P A increases the object's action.

1P B decreases the object's action.

1P C changes character in object.

1P D changes character in object.

Object inherits 1st players palette. That's why we've chosen 1st player as our rippable character.

Now, change the character in the Debug Object with 1P C/D."

These are the SNK buttons. Button ABC and D.

Pushing buttons A or B toggle through the different animations.

Pushing buttons C or D changes what character is in the center of the screen.

So if you want to rip Iori you need to pick him as player 1. Use the C or D button to toggle through the different debug characters until you get to Iori. Since you picked Iori his palette will be correct and not messed up.

Remember that you can't use the ABCD buttons to toggle the debug character unless you hold the select button.

does it have to be this small? can i make the screen bigger??

Yeah you can make it full screen.

Go to TOOLS, select SHOTSFACTORY and uncheck all items except the corresponding to the debug object."

I unchecked them all and the entire screen was pink lol...

which ones should i remove??

You'll just have to use trial and error. You can select Blink Selected to see what you will remove before you remove it. Also whenever you frame advance sometimes you will lose pieces of the sprites. They move around during animation so you will have to check and uncheck boxes quite a bit in some instances.

You don't have to have PCXclean it's just a quick way to apply a palette to all sprites. I do have the program if you want it though. And Paintshop is a necessity.

Ohhh, thank you very much for your help ;)

sorry if i'm starting to annoy you :)

You SAID -

"So if you want to rip Iori you need to pick him as player 1. Use the C or D button to toggle through the different debug characters until you get to Iori. Since you picked Iori his palette will be correct and not messed up."

Soo, i pick Iori As player one and then keep on pressing those buttons until the character in the middle becomes Iori right? then like the website says, pause the game and press control+p to take screen shots one by one. that is correct ne? :o

since we are talking about ripping, i wasa browsing some rom hacking sites and i found that there are tools for editing rom gfx and stuff so i was wondering, if you take it directly from the rom instead of taking snapshots?

You just need to frame advance and snap. Frame advance and snap. Repeat until you get a cajillian sprites ripped. :o

And you are not annoying me. Alexis I only use the shots factory with roms so I don't know about those rom graphics altering programs.

I know you can alter some PS1 isos so that the Backgrounds are disabled.

Violence to save you trouble later don't forget to count the # of ticks per frame on an animation while cycling through the different animations. Everytime you push frame advance is a tick. I made that mistake the 1st time I ever ripped. And basically had to do it all again.