Let's talk about something Controversial.

Hera

How about Search and Seizure?

Invasion of privacy and a mockery of one's freedom unless substantial evidence is found via lawful and constitutional methods. By substantial I refer to evidence that would already be compelling enough on its own to close a case and provide a judicial sentence, searching and seizing being used after gathering said evidence to provide a more accurate sentence period.

To exemplify: I murder a thousand babies and keep their spinal cords in a room in my house for decorative purposes. The police gathers evidence from eye witnesses and other sources, without using search and seizure. These alone would provide enough data for my conviction, and net me life imprisonment. After the authorities are satisfied with this outcome, they obtain a warrant based on said evidence and find my trophy room. This would serve the purpose of proving the severity of my actions, thereby commuting my life imprisonment sentence to death by execution where applicable.

On a different note: Abortion. Pro-life or Pro-choice?

My stance: pro-choice, abortion being legal at any given period during pregnancy.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pro-life. Aborting anytime during pregnancy is just flat out murder in my opinion. Don't wanna have kids? Don't make an adult decision by spreading your legs unprotected. Simple. Too many people over complicate the matter to attempt to justify their reasoning why they won't accept responsibility.

I would only understand the decision to abort for two reasons..

1. Victim of rape.

2. If the child were to be severely brain damaged.

There are many vids and documentaries that I've seen that had shown a live abortion..for people to say the child doesn't know it's dying just because they're not fully developed, they're fools. The instinct for survival kicks in. For example, a woman decided to wait until she was 6 months pregnant before getting an abortion. They inserted a camera, and injected the child with poison...you could see that child squirming around trying to fight for it's life. It was sickening.

People just do it because it's an easy way out of a problem they created.

Edited by Hera

I'm pro-life. Aborting anytime during pregnancy is just flat out murder in my opinion. Don't wanna have kids? Don't make an adult decision by spreading your legs unprotected. Simple. Too many people over complicate the matter to attempt to justify their reasoning why they won't accept responsibility.

1. Victim of rape.

There are many vids and documentaries that I've seen that had shown a live abortion..for people to say the child doesn't know it's dying just because they're not fully developed, they're fools. The instinct for survival kicks in. For example, a woman decided to wait until she was 6 months pregnant before getting an abortion. They inserted a camera, and injected the child with poison...you could see that child squirming around trying to fight for it's life. It was sickening.

What about a woman's right to choose when to have a child? Pregnancy in my view should be a conscious choice between two people, when they feel ready and responsible enough to raise that child. Abortions happen because of unwanted pregnancies, the key word here being unwanted. An unwanted child is a consequence, not a choice. I doubt that child would grow up in a healthy environment, considering parents might still harbor some form of resentment, however misplaced because of the unwanted child. A child when at a young age is only a burden. It effectively prevents parents from improving their standard of living, getting better education or jobs. Thank Raptor Jesus for abortion, or else this world would be full of trailer parks.

What strikes me as odd though is people's exceptions. Pregnancies resulting from rape or ones with malformations are still human beings and still have the same right to live according to pro-lifers. You're still killing the thing whatever the cause was. There should be no exceptions when you take this moral standpoint. By this token we're treating them as consequences and not human beings.

Here's an interesting fact, contraceptives taken to prevent pregnancies act the same way as medicated abortions. They do the same thing.

I'm pro for whatever people want to do. The only thing holding us back are laws. I swear, people are soooo da'am nosey.

So you're cool with me killing you then? That's kinda the problem with your stance, people aren't supposed to be able to everything.

You can kill me if you want, just be prepaired for the end results. If people are supposed to be able to do everything, then there is no such thing as freedom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2eyez attacked Sybarite Paladin AxL with a Large Trout (250 str) and took off 129!

Sybarite Paladin AxL has 0 HP left!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sybarite Paladin AxL is now dead, therefore cannot counterattack!!!!

You gain 1 frag(s) (0 stolen).

You gain: 25 EXP points!!!!

Edited by 2eyez

1. Victim of rape.

What about a woman's right to choose when to have a child? Pregnancy in my view should be a conscious choice between two people, when they feel ready and responsible enough to raise that child. Abortions happen because of unwanted pregnancies, the key word here being unwanted. An unwanted child is a consequence, not a choice. I doubt that child would grow up in a healthy environment, considering parents might still harbor some form of resentment, however misplaced because of the unwanted child. A child when at a young age is only a burden. It effectively prevents parents from improving their standard of living, getting better education or jobs. Thank Raptor Jesus for abortion, or else this world would be full of trailer parks.

What strikes me as odd though is people's exceptions. Pregnancies resulting from rape or ones with malformations are still human beings and still have the same right to live according to pro-lifers. You're still killing the thing whatever the cause was. There should be no exceptions when you take this moral standpoint. By this token we're treating them as consequences and not human beings.

Here's an interesting fact, contraceptives taken to prevent pregnancies act the same way as medicated abortions. They do the same thing.

First, I'll say that I never considered them exceptions..I said I could understand. My cousin-in-law suffers from several illnesses preventing him from "living" as some people would put it. But his parents decided to keep him alive and love him as much as any other kid. Some others would think differently, either they couldn't afford the continuous visits to the doctor as required or they couldn't emotionally handle the sadness of what their kid could be missing out on. If it were me in any of those circumstances, I wouldn't have an abortion. I firmly believe something good comes out of something bad. You never know what kind of happiness a child could bring. As long as they're raised accordingly, they could very well be useful in society.

You are right in fact about the psychological effects on an "unwanted" child. Kids shouldn't have kids. But I don't believe that killing a life you created just to make sure you're covered should be acceptable. My cousin had 4 abortions because even though she was fully educated about sex and the possible consequences, she continued to have them only because she wanted to have fun and not take responsibility.

I will tell you one thing being a parent myself...there is no such thing as being financially stable enough to have children. Either you have too much which in turn spoils the hell out of them or you feel as though you have too little which makes you question your parenting. Having a child is not as expensive as people say so it's just another petty excuse to not fess up to being an adult.

As for those contraceptives, the woman has a right for choosing what she wants to use. As long as it works accordingly with her health. Most women in these recent times have been educated on those types of contraceptives and make a decision based on that. Most pills today just turn everything off and give steady and painless periods. That's what women mainly want.

All in all, there's a tit for tat on this subject. Some people see it one way and others see it another. I don't approve but I also don't go crazy about it like most pro-life supporters. It's not up for me to judge. I just say how I view it and leave it at that.

I'm pro for whatever people want to do. The only thing holding us back are laws. I swear, people are soooo da'am nosey.

So you're cool with me killing you then? That's kinda the problem with your stance, people aren't supposed to be able to everything.

You can kill me if you want, just be prepaired for the end results. If people are supposed to be able to do everything, then there is no such thing as freedom.

2eyez attacked Sybarite Paladin AxL with a Large Trout (250 str) and took off 129!

Sybarite Paladin AxL has 0 HP left!

Sybarite Paladin AxL is now dead, therefore cannot counterattack!!!!

You gain 1 frag(s) (0 stolen).

You gain: 25 EXP points!!!!

I cannot begin to tell u how awful your world sounds.

THe freedom you're talking about can be found in da wilderness.

The freedom I'm talking is da freedom to live, without being whipped, forced work before puberty, etc.

Thats y we're friggin called da land of da free, a 100% free isnt free in this world, just chaos.

Remember dat.

I'm pro life. Abortion is murder, no matter which way you look at it. Once a human being is brought into life (which happens at conception, IMO) it is NOT a choice. No way. Human life is sacred. This view doesn't stem from my Catholic beliefs; rather, just from common sense.

I can see your point about treating rape victims differently, but I still think abortion should only be allowed for said victims, or if the mother is at serious risk due to the pregnancy. Those are the only factors that sway me in this argument.

What does everyone think about the Smoking Laws?

Smoking is a terrible habit and non smokers shouldnt have to deal with second hand smoke in public places. By all means smoke in your house

war on terrorism= a term coined by gwb to invoke fear . war on terror was a joke all it did was strip us of our rights and alienate us from the rest of the united nations.

abortion if you dont want the kid why should you go through 9 months then raise it for the next 18 years? even though it was unplanned/unwanted?People do what they want but we will always have conservative opinions telling us what is right and what is wrong