@#^%!

Turn my main desktop PC on earlier.......nothing. Fans and drives spin up, but otherwise NOTHING.

I go through the usual "OK something's misbehaving" process of pulling EVERYTHING out but 1 stick of RAM and 1 video card. STILL nothing, not even a beep.

Swap RAM, nothing. Swap video cards, nothing. Try NO video card, nothing. Try NO RAM, nothing. Pull the f**king CPU out and turn it on.......NOTHING!

Down to the motherboard or the power supply I think.

Just my f**king luck, I can't afford to replace any of it being out of work and all.

Where's my baseball bat........

Normally, switching the powersupply would solve the problem, i guess your motherboard fuzzed out then :thumbsup1:

just to see if your older parts are okay i would try putting another mobo in its place. Best of luck, i hope you get it working again.

I really hope that works out for ya :thumbsup1:

• 2 weeks later...

New motherboard came in, transplanted everything and I'm all good again.

Just wish I knew what was wrong with the other one, I paid damn good money for what was a high end board at the time!

Too much UT is what is wrong board gotta tired of all the fragging going on.

Haven't played since we last had the server going. And this thing could handle 50 copies of UT running at the same time......lol

In hindsight, I can tell now that it was dying. I was having odd things happen for months. I'd reboot and I'd have my IDE devices missing (A hard drive and my DVD burner), another reboot and they'd come back.

I started getting wierd BSOD's out of nowhere regarding random hardware. 1 time it'd be a DLL for my video card, the next TCP.sys and the next something else.

I swore I'd never buy another Gigabyte board again......WHY didn't I stick to that!

God this board is a big piece of $HIT! No extra hardware installed, MEMTEST86 checks RAM out fine, 2 different power supplies used and this piece of CRAP does nothing but constantly crash with random "causes" referenced by Windows (I don't think I've seen the same error twice FFS!)

NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN! This POS is going right back to Newegg TODAY. I should have learned my lesson years ago with the Gigabyte boards I've owned, that this company can't make anything well.