VOTE For new CoinOPS IGNITE features

BritneysPAIRS

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about finally adding per game settings so we don't have to run multiple versions of CoinOPS to do what a single copy should be doing?

This would allow us to permanently set graphic filters for older games since they can be used together with no slow down issues. It would also allow us to set games up to run at their proper resolutions, which would allow the user to eliminate much of the unnecessary blurring by running the emulator with point filtering instead of blur-linear filtering.

The below links go into the subject with greater detail:

http://fancyxbox.info/?doc=1&secao=coinops

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30058

Props to Cospefogo for his workaround hack.

graphic filters are automatic now and generated from an xml list.... true sizing im not interested in at all. Its easy to do (I told him the maths to do the sizes) I can pull the X Y pixel size from rom and set it up. Just dont see much point as it underutilises the screenby heaps

Hey guys,

I just really would love to see a RESIZE SCREEN OPTION while RUNNING a game...

I mean - You enter a game, and from the IN GAME MENU you can resize the screen, with the game image being shown in the TV display (and not a black screen).

This could HELP a lot to set proper screen sizes for the games.

The maths sometimes are not precise. I try to use the value resulting from the mathematical screensize conversion and yet I get a very very very small distortion, but noticeable. The only way to fix is USING the old "resize method" by the controller.

If the suggestion above is not do-able, maybe we can AT LEAST have a NUMERICAL DISPLAY LABEL in the screen of what sizes are we adjusting? This could help a lot too... When you enter the screen size adjustment feature you see the black screen and PLUS the coordinates + actual size. Just like the wonderful Xport classic method. This is good as gold. I like to see what I am doing, what size I am going, how many units I am increasing or decreasing, things like that.

But don't worry BP, I will not pester anybody else in the world about the screensize features - most of the people don't care --- and for those who care my hack of CoinOPS saves the day, right, Mr. Zhoul?

Cheers!

Cospefogo.

• 1 month later...

Hi, about the screen resise, it would be great to be able to rotate in game.

Some shooting games are nice to play horizontal, but some other (not shooting games) like Donkey Kong or BurgerTime should not rotate. I know it's a waste of screen space but still better than to play it on the side.

Pardon me, but I didn't understand, what should we do to rotate ONLY shooter games ?

+ I don't know if everybody got this problem but "Space Inverders" Overlay doesn't rotate for me (using 720p)