CoinOPS IGNITE Source

BritneysPAIRS

Im planning on releasing the source... it takes me a few hours to clean it up for release so id like to know if people want CoinOPS IGNITE source or CoinOPS IGNITE 1.1 source which is on its way or a sourceforge project?.... or even if I should bother as its never amounted to anything the many times ive released it in the past.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im planning on releasing the source... it takes me a few hours to clean it up for release so id like to know if people want CoinOPS IGNITE source or CoinOPS IGNITE 1.1 source which is on its way or a sourceforge project?.... or even if I should bother as its never amounted to anything the many times ive released it in the past.

This is a question that a true coder would never ask . this is a open source project and with all new builds the source is to be released thats the proper way to do things.

the point isn't that no one has done anything with it in the past, the point of open source is to have the most up to date source available in the hopes that someone will come around and pick up on the project.

edit: you know BP i have told you this on msn already on top of stop changing the name and do versions and release the code proper... then and only then will you get the respect from the other coders and then just maybe someone will give you a hand doing the things your not capable of doing until you learn more..

Just a thought

-peace

Edited by hellsfury

Sorry dude im not a true coder and ive said that alot...... but a bit better than you are (you dont understand the issues I have with the source being out the techincal issues as some stuff is from multiple sources that is mixed by me after compiling)... you dream you do but you have no idea and I do. Sorry I dont want anything to do with your new site :blink: but it isnt what I want out of life.

Peace though

I could care less about peoples thoughts on the source ive got better things to do and so much time has been wasted with tire kickers wanting it offering help in the past (not once not twice but 10 plus times). And ultimatly its up to me if I release them and how I release them as im the only one that knows the true story behind it while many others guess and tell me whats what......

Anyways to let you guys know, I wont be joining the other Site EVER you can do whatever you want there I wish you luck for sure...The other coders ive seen come and go when they said they where going to take things to the next level, ill still be around in years to come id say as ive been here for years and hope one day to see something come out that makes me stop coinops as it will be rendered obsolete.

Also I might start a new FBA thread as ive been doing alot of moding to FBA lately (I will badge it differently and talk to gogo about it..... sorry to anyone it upsets, im not doing it to upset them just cause I see alot of issues with FBA and I wish to use it and some may like my changes)

My rant of the day

PS no offense hellsfury ill be ignoring your comments from now on, sorry they are time wasting to me... I just want to code my stuff (even though im not a true coder)

Also I might start a new FBA thread as ive been doing alot of moding to FBA lately (I will badge it differently and talk to gogo about it..... sorry to anyone it upsets, im not doing it to upset them just cause I see alot of issues with FBA and I wish to use it and some may like my changes)

That's mostly chinese for me... You said one year ago you gonna help me on the FBA UI, and now you wanna create a new one?

dude, every time you go on one of your rants, your arrogance shines through.

As far as never coming to the site, you were already there as staff and i banned you off the site. i'm not paying anyone $hit to help me build my site up.. laughable at best!

no offense taken, i would rather be banned from here for speaking the truth then to be banned for being a arrogant a$$hole like yourself!

oh and what was that you said to me back when iq_132 was helping you with the driver with speed hack on msn, when i said it was great that iq_132 was helping you out, oh thats right, you said that it was no big deal that he did little to nothing. yep i would say thats one of them arrogant moments of yours

and you wonder why you can't get know real help!

RX was right about you

"Also I might start a new FBA thread as ive been doing alot of moding to FBA lately (I will badge it differently and talk to gogo about it..... sorry to anyone it upsets, im not doing it to upset them just cause I see alot of issues with FBA and I wish to use it and some may like my changes)"

oh so now your going to hi jack FBA instead of just helping Kenshiro with the gui.. your really a work of art!

you just asked me on msn two nights ago if i thought it would make Kenshiro mad and what did i say.. i told you that fba was his thing just like coinops is yours and i was not sure if he would be mad but maybe it would be better just to help him with the gui.

man i'm so done with this joker i'm overdone

no reply needed because next thing to come out of your mouth will be.. blah, blah, blah... YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WARNED!

edit: just a heads up i was replying to bp rant, and something came up and when i got back i finished the reply and by then they all ready posted so this post should have been up on top of there post

-peace

Edited by hellsfury

kensho messaged me and ill hand him a source and maybe we can merge the two together down the track for sure. If and when 1.29 is done ill be keen to assist him with what he want in his project as im sure ill use it. Hes doing the hard work I just want to tidy it up for my use thats all, anyones free to talk to me about stuff and ill hand over an helpfull stuff (proven dev can ask for anything really and ill supply it to them or hwlp if I can) and even make logos etc people as I have done many times....they only need to ask.... I wish you would stay out of it , you only make matter worse and cloud the work. As far as I know iq_132 is all good, hes a nice guy with not much time, if he has an issue or whatever he can MSN me no worries

Anyway if a dev has an issue talk to me on Messenger im a bit opionated as are some dev and thats why we do stuff ourselves... Im not a good dev and need alot of help but my vision is strong and I must stick to it, that doesnt mean I wont help people doing stuff with diff visions it just means we cant team as one. If the visions match the team maybe strong STF was excellent, we both knew each others strengths and both just did what we do best I made CoinOPS IGNITE and he polished it with his knoweldge and work and kept to the vision...... thanks STF

(Ooooops I wrote this message before you BP posted, but I want to place it !!)

As I appreciate you a lot Hell as well as BP, I ask both of you to stop, please.

The point in this thread (and on THIS site) is about releasing the source, why not simply enjoy this ???

I spent myself something like 80-100 hours on Ignite but never asked for the source as I'm not a coder, never wanted to be credited for this because I did it for myself as well as for all the friends here and there. That should be the spirit.

If BP chooses to give the source to helpful programming guys only no problem: he will find such passionned guys here and they will get the source if they want to give a hand. Seriously: how many versions of MAME are we expecting today, how many MAMEoX coders are still working on a project ?

Ignite will become better if each talented guy is working on what he wants to improve in a common project. That's certainly BP's purpose.

Now BP and Hell: about the other site (or the behaviours in the past... etc...) , if something has to be said pm youselves. It does NOT concern the topic.

About FBA I agree with Kenshiro, a big work has been done by him & IQ, and if you BP promised to work on the UI then please go on because the complementary talents in this "team" would make a diff, and a good thing for the users

The XBOX community is smaller and smaller, it's maybe time to spend safe time all together instead of playing that crappy war.

Edited by stf