Mame 32 and Street Fighter III 3rd strike

I only update every stable mame release. I skip over the u versions. For example 130u2 130u3 etc . I will update when it reaches 131 and then again at 132 etc. Its perfectly fine to use older romsets but you should be using the corresponding mame version for better performance. I still use mame 116u3 for cps3 games sometimes but I also have the cps3 116u3 mame set.

I only update every stable mame release. I skip over the u versions. For example 130u2 130u3 etc . I will update when it reaches 131 and then again at 132 etc. Its perfectly fine to use older romsets but you should be using the corresponding mame version for better performance. I still use mame 116u3 for cps3 games sometimes but I also have the cps3 116u3 mame set.

But if you have a lot of roms, then you can't do them all right?

Actually, I tried the roms again with MAME32++, and the CRC errors do not exist anymore, I think the plus version solved the problem.

A lot of Roms have the "video emulation isn't 100%accurate, sound emulation isn't 100% accurate", what does that mean? Some roms don't have it.

A lot of Roms have the "video emulation isn't 100%accurate, sound emulation isn't 100% accurate", what does that mean? Some roms don't have it.

It means just what it says; if video emulation is not 100% accurate, it means that the games video hardware isn't emulated to match exactly how the real hardware works. This doesn't necessarily mean that you'll see lots of graphics errors - you might not see anything wrong at all, yet the graphics still aren't emulated with 100% accuracy when compared to the original hardware.

It's the same thing with sound emulation.

• 3 months later...