Mame 32 and Street Fighter III 3rd strike

I'm trying to get this thing to run on MAME32, and it keeps saying that my 29f400.u2 is corrupt, where the CRC should be 74205250, but I have fb172a8e. The game just crashes after it asks me to press OK several times.

Does anyone know what's wrong here?

Thanks.

I'm trying to get this thing to run on MAME32, and it keeps saying that my 29f400.u2 is corrupt, where the CRC should be 74205250, but I have fb172a8e. The game just crashes after it asks me to press OK several times.

Thanks.

use clrmamepro with the latest mame dat from logiqx to check your set.It should fix up all your errors.

Thanks.

use clrmamepro with the latest mame dat from logiqx to check your set.It should fix up all your errors.

Actually when I checked the status in MAME, it says "not working", maybe MAME doesn't work with Street Fighter III?

Actually, I tried in MAME32++ and it says that it's supposed to work according to the game's profile. But it keeps saying that it can't find the u2 file, which folder is it supposed to be in exactly?

Edited by Lob1

The file should be inside of a zipfile called sfiii3 (or similar).

The zipfile belongs in your ROMS folder.

Also, since your file has the incorrect CRC, you should download the latest version from a reputable rom site.

That's a great question. My cousin asked me why he couldn't get it to work and I was completely clueless. Anybody know? :huh:

Also, since your file has the incorrect CRC, you should download the latest version from a reputable rom site.

It worked when I tried the sfiii3, turns out that I was using sfiii instead. Forgot about the 3.

When I launched the game the first time, it had an over 20 minute wait time about something rewriting to CDrom, do you know what that is about?

Also, for games like samurai showdownV, there were also some CRC errors, but the game runs fine and I can't detect any errors. So does that mean that those two files that the CRC didn't match doesn't really matter?

When I launched the game the first time, it had an over 20 minute wait time about something rewriting to CDrom, do you know what that is about?

That's the NVRAM write at first boot that Robert mentioned earlier. You can speed it up by fast-forwarding. All CPS-3 games do this.

It worked when I tried the sfiii3, turns out that I was using sfiii instead. Forgot about the 3.

Also, for games like samurai showdownV, there were also some CRC errors, but the game runs fine and I can't detect any errors. So does that mean that those two files that the CRC didn't match doesn't really matter?

Your going to have to rebuild your romset. My recommendation is to use clrmamepro. It might seem confusing at first but its good to keep your romset current.

@Hera probably missing some files.

Your going to have to rebuild your romset. My recommendation is to use clrmamepro. It might seem confusing at first but its good to keep your romset current.

By updating you mean to update the rom to the most current version compatible with my version of MAME right?

Don't I have to do that whenever a new version of MAME is released?

That depends whether or not the MAME developers have changed the naming of individual ROM filenames, romsets or have dumped previously undumped or poorly dumped ROMs to existing sets - otherwise, your "old" sets will work just fine on a new version of MAME.

No, this doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.