Help with NeoRageX dat?

I was having problems with Neoragex 5 recognizing my rom...most notably SVC Chaos, and Last Blade 2.

Then I realized that neoragex doesn't use the MAME rom standard, yep, I'm bit of a newb to arcade emulation.

So I thought I create a dat from the neoragex generator, and run my roms through it.

... ... ...

It only found the BIOS roms :D . Any ideas why?

Do I need to convert the roms to an older MAME set, then use the neoragex dat? Is it possible the neoragexdat generator function doesn't work?

Could someone up a working dat if that's the case?

Well sorry for all the questions, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

NRX has its rom definitions inside of itself, and you can't add more.

But it does no CRC checks, it looks at the format of the file names, and also checks inside the roms. If that checks out, it will try to run it.

Most NRX versions cannot do complex functions such as decryption or bank switching, so you need to find already-decrypted or hacked roms for most sets made after 1999.

The rom names need to be (for example) something like this:

pnya_p1.rom

pnya_s1.rom

pnya_m1.rom

pnya_c1.rom

pnya_c2.rom

etc etc.

Zip the roms into a zipfile, eg PoochiAndNyaa.zip

NRX can use zipfiles of any name, so be creative.

Most NRX versions cannot do complex functions such as decryption or bank switching, so you need to find already-decrypted or hacked roms for most sets made after 1999.

The newly released NeoRaGEx is different in this matter, IIRC, save support for encrypted sets. That is, I think they worked some bank-switching magic into NRX. Same with the type of ROM filenames it accepts. I could be wrong though.

Well I was able to find an alternative to the SVC Chaos issue, but what I really wanted was the "Super Plus" version. Which I have as a recognized in MAME, along with "Last Blade 2", but they're impossible to find in Neoragex form.

Unless of course you didn't miss the boat like me from about 5+ years ago.

I take it then that the Neoragex dats only allow for rebuilds of other Neoragex version roms? How did their come to be two completely different dumps for the same games, notwithstanding changes between "versions" of MAME/Neoragex?

Does anyone have any links to tutorials on rebuilding any version of the MAMEset roms into a format supported by other emus?

I only ask because, while FBA is awesome with the CPS1/2 games , and plays CPS3/NeoGeo games alright, Neoragex 5.2 nails them dead on. It has blitter support, and it runs up to the 2.3 uni-bios.