Is/Are your system/s collecting dust?

2eyez

I can't get into GOW1 too but somehow GOW2 get my attention, and I do manage to finish the game too! A surprise really considering how i hate the control system :D

Currently I'm trying to beat GoW2 on Hard. Queen of the Gorgons (actually one of three sisters, Euryale) is whooping my ass.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep meaning to go back to gears and find out what the hell people see in it.

No other game has better "kill satisfaction" then Gears.

by "kill satisfaction" do you mean loading a multiplayer game, getting killed in 45 seconds then waiting 15 minutes to get back in?

Thats extremely rare in gears unless you run into the other side of the map alone.

What i mean is, no other game has that "I JUST flockED HIM UP" feeling. THe sound of the headshot in gears is nervewrecking and soothing at the same time. Getting Blindfire headshots is a feeling unlike any other xD

Peep it

I can't get into GOW1 too but somehow GOW2 get my attention, and I do manage to finish the game too! A surprise really considering how i hate the control system :)

Currently I'm trying to beat GoW2 on Hard. Queen of the Gorgons (actually one of three sisters, Euryale) is whooping my ass.

I mean Gears Of War, Agozer :blink: Sorry to get you confused :D

2 different video games should no be allowed to have the same initials.

Don't get all sarcastic because you suck!!!

Hey! that's my right as a gamer! :)

anyways I gave up on Gears1 during the first underground mission, where it's all yellow goo everywhere. multiplayer was as I said, get killed right off the bat then wait forever to do it all again. I don't get how you are supposed to learn a game like that.

Gears2 I never even tried MP since 1 left such a bad taste in my mouth, the single player seemed like more of the same. I'm not big on cover heavy games. I'm a run-n-gunner.

Well the single player game is... whatever... I see it as more of a practice run to figure the game out. If I had a 360, Id MAKE you play with me. I guarantee you would like it... but actually I have no real idea of what you ultimately like. In multi, say you get a team of us in here from 1emu, and let everyone get good and warmed up, you would enjoy the game.

What i mean is, no other game has that "I JUST flockED HIM UP" feeling. THe sound of the headshot in gears is nervewrecking and soothing at the same time. Getting Blindfire headshots is a feeling unlike any other xD

Id have to agree as when you get a good feel for the game, when you pull something off, it does feel quite rewarding. I feel as if I am not doing the game justice in my discription. If only I can word it better.

Depending on your team adds tremendous gameplay. Even if I fail... I'll come back the next round, and be quite motivated in sending some active reload up their nose. Watching your 6 as you go up the stairs or what-have-you. Posting up behind pillars and whatever. Calling out to you what I see... and formulateing a quick plan as the battle unfolds realtime. It is so tactical... I love the sh!t out of it. I like it that much more because I am so accustomed to Unreal Tournament and the like... 1 man army games.

I can't get into GOW1 too but somehow GOW2 get my attention, and I do manage to finish the game too! A surprise really considering how i hate the control system :)

I mean Gears Of War, Agozer :blink: Sorry to get you confused :D

See what the overuse of acronyms does to people and games in general?

Funny enough, in gears of war 2, the queen of locust sends her right hand man (Scorge) to kill you and he uses a gorgon pistol xD

Hey! that's my right as a gamer! :)

anyways I gave up on Gears1 during the first underground mission, where it's all yellow goo everywhere. multiplayer was as I said, get killed right off the bat then wait forever to do it all again. I don't get how you are supposed to learn a game like that.

Gears2 I never even tried MP since 1 left such a bad taste in my mouth, the single player seemed like more of the same. I'm not big on cover heavy games. I'm a run-n-gunner.

Well the single player game is... whatever... I see it as more of a practice run to figure the game out. If I had a 360, Id MAKE you play with me. I guarantee you would like it... but actually I have no real idea of what you ultimately like. In multi, say you get a team of us in here from 1emu, and let everyone get good and warmed up, you would enjoy the game.

Id have to agree as when you get a good feel for the game, when you pull something off, it does feel quite rewarding. I feel as if I am not doing the game justice in my discription. If only I can word it better.

Depending on your team adds tremendous gameplay. Even if I fail... I'll come back the next round, and be quite motivated in sending some active reload up their nose. Watching your 6 as you go up the stairs or what-have-you. Posting up behind pillars and whatever. Calling out to you what I see... and formulateing a quick plan as the battle unfolds realtime. It is so tactical... I love the sh!t out of it. I like it that much more because I am so accustomed to Unreal Tournament and the like... 1 man army games.

You know, alot of times in gears, there isnt enough time to really make up a plan like that. Games like Rainbow Six allow you to do that but not gears. Communication works best in gears to tell your teammates where the other guys are hiding, how many people are in that hidning place, what weapons they have, if they are paying attention to him or you for a suprise attack, and the most important thing to do is to watch behind your partner and let them know if someone is behind them. But on PC, thats rare since not alot of people use mics. Its kind of everyone goes in solo.

Hey! that's my right as a gamer! :P

You know, alot of times in gears, there isnt enough time to really make up a plan like that. Games like Rainbow Six allow you to do that but not gears. Communication works best in gears to tell your teammates where the other guys are hiding, how many people are in that hidning place, what weapons they have, if they are paying attention to him or you for a suprise attack, and the most important thing to do is to watch behind your partner and let them know if someone is behind them. But on PC, thats rare since not alot of people use mics. Its kind of everyone goes in solo.

That's how I feel about Cod4, no plan just go solo and you can practically win the match with a one man army. It's rare to see people working together for a common goal, usually you see more of those in Halo surprisingly.

I've been trying to level up in Gears 2 and so far it's pretty fun. I agree that the kill satisfaction is there, but most of the time I still see some of the old Gears 1 exploits in multiplayer (usually dealing with the shotgun). These exploits aren't hard to counter, it's just that they still work. However Horde usually holds me over whenever I get on a losing streak :P

hit me up whenever you guys are playing gears 2.