Question for iq132!

fumanchu

hey iq,

theres a guy over at another forum who would like to see a bbc micro emulator for xbox and obviously there isnt one ported.

i noticed that there have been ports of beebem(popular bbc emu)on different systems like amiga,linux,dos and gba of all things.anyway this got me thinking do you think it would be possible to actually get the bbebem emulator running on dosxbox,visualboyadvance....what do you think.

an emulator emulating another emulator on xbox,possible or not enough power under the hood?

im not going to bother trying if you think it wouldnt be possible.

hey iq,

theres a guy over at another forum who would like to see a bbc micro emulator for xbox and obviously there isnt one ported.

i noticed that there have been ports of beebem(popular bbc emu)on different systems like amiga,linux,dos and gba of all things.anyway this got me thinking do you think it would be possible to actually get the bbebem emulator running on dosxbox,visualboyadvance....what do you think.

an emulator emulating another emulator on xbox,possible or not enough power under the hood?

im not going to bother trying if you think it wouldnt be possible.

It's very easily do-able (not by me [i'm lazy and have no experience with porting full programs to xbox], mind you, but do-able). It's only 2mhz with minimal ram, so that's not really the issue.

ok thanks for the reply iq.

im going to give this a try tommorrow as there are a few options i can try.

1.beebem on visualboyadvance for xbox.

2.beebem on dosxbox.

3.beeb emu on winuaex.

4.use amigsy4(a new interface and amiga tools workshop)running through winuaex.

Does BeemEm require X under Linux? If not, why not fire up your favorite flavor of Linux, drop to Run Level 1 and run it there?

Why have the overhead of another full blown emulator running and eating most resources up?

Does BeemEm require X under Linux? If not, why not fire up your favorite flavor of Linux, drop to Run Level 1 and run it there?

Why have the overhead of another full blown emulator running and eating most resources up?

as far as i know this has already been tried and apparently it dosent play under linux on xbox for whatever number of reasons.

havent had the chance t try this yet as ive been busy with real life,but today hopefully.

• 1 month later...

as far as i know this has already been tried and apparently it dosent play under linux on xbox for whatever number of reasons.

havent had the chance t try this yet as ive been busy with real life,but today hopefully.

well i did get the chance to try it and it never worked,but tonight i found an old bbc emu for dos specifaclly made for the old 386 computer so i will give it one more go tommorow.seeing as dosxbox is based on 386 it should work(keeps fingers crossed again).

I just had to search to find out what a BBC Micro was. There are so many consoles I didn't even know about.

tried all flavours over a year ago now and was unlucky (Linux, Dosxbox etc. etc.) However i was trying Acorn Electron emulators. Made requests before on other sites for a Beeb / Electron Emulator. Still own my Electron but sold the BBBC last year. Love to hear if you got some sort of config going. I once nearly had it with xdsl running wine. But ha d directx problems that i went on to solve but still didnt work. Cant remember why off hand. Let us all know what you can find !

• 2 months later...

im going to bump this old topic as i dont wont to give up on this just yet.

I was just looking through some old threads and one was about the sharp x68000 computer which has an emu ported to xbox.does anyone know of any emulators that are available for this machine??