On Demand gaming

Inky

I think the future will eventually be like this. Or at least it will be a major force along with traditional consoles. I think so because it's something the guy said in his talk; he said that this is a way to lower the entry barrier for gaming and allows publishers to market and sell their games more effectively. Those are two of the biggest problems facing the industry right now.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with pretty much a zero chance of piracy, the industry will be all over this if it works.

with pretty much a zero chance of piracy, the industry will be all over this if it works.

Indeed... so it MUST fail...

Otherwise, gaming will enter a "gai age"

Is that what you meant to say?

Don't fall back to your habits of changing people's quote, drake.

How much bandwidth would gaming for 10 hours a day eat up? Consider that most ISP's have bandwidth limits. I think it's my best interest to stay away from this one till they fixx all the hacker exploits they will no doubt overlook. I'm skeptical I guess I need to start wardriving.

Once again, only good in theory. They need to make a really good algorithm to make sure we get a decent streaming HD feed. Thus far, it would take 56m/bit connection to stream 24bit 720p video with h264 compression at the worst quality setting. No one has that kind of connection and the quality would be less then steller.

Yes actually.