Anyone Familiar with PINMAME?

I just came across it last night and have been having a hell of a time getting it setup. Even after working off the tutorial on the main site I am still unable to get the thing up and running. :lol:

I think I may be missing some files or have something configured wrong. I downloaded Visual PinMAME from the site and setup the audio files in the “Samples” folder as instructed. I also found a VBS zip that had all the “tables” files that I dropped into a folder named “tables” as there was not one in the main directory. This seemed to make a difference as the ROM I had loaded further once I had done this.

So far I am testing it with “Monopoly”. I have been able to get the ROM to load to an initial screen where I can load credits but I need to peruse the “controls” readme since I can’t get the thing to actually start.

Someone had mentioned to me that I needed to run Visual PINMAME and PinMAME 32 since they run in conjunction with one another to create a working Pinball emulator. At this point I feel a little bit lost.

I would really like to get it working cause the wife loves pinball and I like to download ROMs and Emulators so it’s a match made in heaven. Hehe. Does anyone know of any good PinMAME tutorials other than the ones offered on the main site. I wish it was possible to just download a pre-setup zip file with everything you need but things are never that easy ey?

Edited by DIYROMArcade

• 4 months later...
I just came across it last night and have been having a hell of a time getting it setup. Even after working off the tutorial on the main site I am still unable to get the thing up and running. :D

I think I may be missing some files or have something configured wrong. I downloaded Visual PinMAME from the site and setup the audio files in the “Samples” folder as instructed. I also found a VBS zip that had all the “tables” files that I dropped into a folder named “tables” as there was not one in the main directory. This seemed to make a difference as the ROM I had loaded further once I had done this.

So far I am testing it with “Monopoly”. I have been able to get the ROM to load to an initial screen where I can load credits but I need to peruse the “controls” readme since I can’t get the thing to actually start.

Someone had mentioned to me that I needed to run Visual PINMAME and PinMAME 32 since they run in conjunction with one another to create a working Pinball emulator. At this point I feel a little bit lost.

I would really like to get it working cause the wife loves pinball and I like to download ROMs and Emulators so it’s a match made in heaven. Hehe. Does anyone know of any good PinMAME tutorials other than the ones offered on the main site. I wish it was possible to just download a pre-setup zip file with everything you need but things are never that easy ey?

Pinmame by itself is just the scoreboard data for the main pinball emu called VisualPinball. users create the tables and scripts and textures/pictures for the table and pinmame drives the table. so you get a near 100 percent representation of the actual real life pinball machine on your pc, and yes. its fantastic. Basically any pinball machine in the wild can be played.

I like pinball games. Addicition Pinball is still my favourite. I also like the Pro Pinball series, Pure Pinball and Balls of Steel. But if you're into pinball in a big way, I'd try Future Pinball. It's newer and much better I think than Visual Pinball, certainly easier to set up. It's full 3D, with very sophisiticated physics, and there are litterally thousands of tables to download for it, a lot of them recreations of real ones, but also some really good original creations.

http://www.futurepinball.com/

Forums are still active if you need help with it, and I'm sure you'll find links to many tables through there.

http://www.futurepinball.com/forum/