just got a xbox 360

howdy all, i just got my xbox 360 today, so far the controls are so so (i was playing sf 2t remix and im having trouble separating the dragon punch from the fireball but other than that, pretty fun!)

my xbox live s/n is malicemizerable

now im off to play RE 5

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Dead Rising.

Dead Rising and Left4Dead are miles ahead of the RE series when it comes to zombie fun.

(i was playing sf 2t remix) and im having trouble separating the dragon punch from the fireball

my xbox live s/n is malicemizerable

now im off to play RE 5

Oh man... tell me about it. Are you using the D-pad? Well... don't. My advice is to get used to playing with the analog. As you get acustomed... or rather drill moves into your thumbs, you will find that you can easily fenagle the analog properly... where I still end up JUMPING WHEN I HIT DEFENSIVE CROUCH!!!! HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT!? HOW MANY TIMES DO I JUMP WHEN I TRY TO THROW A FIREBALL!!!! ............... So yea... I hate the dpad. It's too easy to accidently mess up a command. The analog does take more to operate, but atleast errors are less while using it.

sound advice, although im probably just going to end up getting a joystick (since KOF will be out this summer)

or look for a 3rd party controller that has a superior Dpad

sound advice, although im probably just going to end up getting a joystick (since KOF will be out this summer)

Yeah, haven't properly played SF since Alpha 2 on the Saturn. Compared to that pad the 360 one is poor :)

I just could never get used to a joystick for fighters at all for some reason. Whatever suits you I guess.

the madcatz fightpad has a nice pad and 6 buttons on the face saturn style. not as nice a a real saturn pad but about as close as we'll get on the 360. some of those gamestop branded pads have a snes style cross pad.

for sticks there are the 2 sfIV branded madcatz sticks but they are way over priced right now. the older Hori ex2 is fine IMO. once the sfiv sticks return to normal prices they are really nice. with quick disconnects for easy modding of the buttons and stick. the hori ex2 is a pain in the ass if you want to mod it. there is also a hori HRAP available for the 360 but it is always sold out and overpriced as well. supposedly the madcats sticks and pads will be restocked in april.