Manga Recommendations?

veristic

I read One Piece from start to current chapter in about 2 weeks last month and I have to admit, it has replaced Naruto as the better manga. They tie though in terms of favorites.

Anyway, I was wondering if some of you could recommend any other shounen like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach or mini-series manga in the same fashion as Basilisk?

Thanks.

I don't know what kind of themes shounen exactly encompasses (action, comedy what else?), so I'll just throw in some titles that I personally like (non-ecchi).

Id

Berserk

+Anima

Kamiyadori

To Aru Majutsu no Index

Fairy Tail

Hayate the Combat Butler

Hrm... Fairy Tail looks a lot like One Piece. Its kind of uncanny.. think i'll give it a try.

Thanks man. :)

Berserk is definitely one of the best manga I have ever read.

If you have seen the anime and liked it you would definitely love the manga even more. Even if you haven’t seen it, it’s not necessary to enjoy the manga. The story varies slightly in the manga anyway.

Kentarō Miura has one of the darkest illustration styles I have ever seen in my life which I think is why I like the series so much. It’s very different from many of the standard anime or manga styles you see out there. In fact some of the illustrations are down right disturbing but they are so intricate and beautiful at the same time it is hard not to appreciate them.

That would be my number one recommendation. Because of the beautiful illustrations and the amazing story, if you are in the neighborhood for a dark and serious manga Berserk is definitely worth a read!

v022c004p074-075.jpg

Edited by DIYROMArcade

Berserk is definitely one of the best manga I have ever read.

If you have seen the anime and liked it you would definitely love the manga even more. Even if you haven’t seen it, it’s not necessary to enjoy the manga. The story varies slightly in the manga anyway.

Kentarō Miura has one of the darkest illustration styles I have ever seen in my life which I think is why I like the series so much. It’s very different from many of the standard anime or manga styles you see out there. In fact some of the illustrations are down right disturbing but they are so intricate and beautiful at the same time it is hard not to appreciate them.

That would be my number one recommendation. Because of the beautiful illustrations and the amazing story, if you are in the neighborhood for a dark and serious manga Berserk is definitely worth a read!

v022c004p074-075.jpg

Yeah looks interesting. I'm definitely not against dark visuals and themes but when I tried reading it the site I normally read manga online doesn't have Berserk, says it was asked by Dark Horse who licensed it to remove it from the site. :D

Think you can direct me where I could read it or get chapters?

• 1 month later...