Drivers sugestions and related fixs for CoinOPS ReIGNITE

Enkak

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could disable video effects when using true res easy enough its a few hours of work to do this....... get on msn sometime you can help me with the maths its will be pretty easy (you have played with save values so you will understand the x width and x offest and what the numbers should be wont take long to remove scaling.... you will need to spend a few hours in MSN to nut the feature sometime and ill add it for you as a hidden setting if I can work it out.

• 1 month later...

Giving this post a bump because it deserves one as its been inactive for 2 months, Enkak made this a good thread with driver information, and these are games people would like to see.

Are we ever going to see any of these games and fixes in the new coinops? It would be a shame not to, since we have such good emulators but no one to code in the new games :P

help would be good ive done a few of these allready ... if anyone wants in or to do it. The GUI of CoinOPS is on the last version...then it will be up to skinners (if someone wants to design a nice skin and needs something I can add it) if they want stuff in as im finished with the GUI it will do everything I want and I dont want to clutter it.

Currently just a work in progress on the PC version of MAME .84. Throttling was disabled for the test.

Ultimate MK3

.72 speedups back in: Average FPS: 294.939338 (21553 frames)

no changes Average FPS: 192.562205 (11402 frames)

No promises, but I'll test tonight on CoinOps

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask about this, but I was playing some old beat 'em ups yesterday with Coinops Ignite R3, and for some reason Double Dragon 1 ran extremely slowly, like too slow to play. It sped up when there were no enemies or weapons on the ground or anything else, but as soon as another character entered the screen, slowed way down to the point of being almost unplayable. This was during a 2 player game, if that makes any difference. Now, Double Dragon 2 and 3 run perfectly, which doesn't make sense to me why the oldest game in a series would run the worst. Any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask about this, but I was playing some old beat 'em ups yesterday with Coinops Ignite R3, and for some reason Double Dragon 1 ran extremely slowly, like too slow to play. It sped up when there were no enemies or weapons on the ground or anything else, but as soon as another character entered the screen, slowed way down to the point of being almost unplayable. This was during a 2 player game, if that makes any difference. Now, Double Dragon 2 and 3 run perfectly, which doesn't make sense to me why the oldest game in a series would run the worst. Any ideas?

basically double dragon1 runs better on earlier versions of mame for xbox,in 0.84 there are a lot more drivers and gameplay speed seems to slow down on certain games.

basically there are 2 earlier biulds of mame for xbox which play games better for now.mamex-b6 and mameox0.72.

mamex-b6 games

double dragon

double dragon2

mortal kombat

mortal kombat2

nba jam

nba jam te

narc

avenging spirit.

mameox0.72

2on2 open ice

mortal kombat3

ultimate mortal kombat3

rampage world tour

primal rage.

if you have ever tried any of these games on a newer mame biuld then you will know about the slowdown.

if you have coinops ignite romset or any mame biuld romset on your xbox then just copy over the games i have mentioned into the rom folder.

these biulds of mame use different gamesaves so you can run these 2versions of mame alongside coinops and their wont be any conflict with either biuld.