Drivers sugestions and related fixs for CoinOPS ReIGNITE

Enkak

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about

US Championship VBall, one of the best beach volley ball game EVAR! (super spike v ball on nes is an adaptation, BAKOOM!), unfortunatelly it's laggy on ignite, i don't know if there is a xbox mame version that emulates it well

Playing beach volley with Schwarzy is really cool :)

vball.jpg

I was thinking about

US Championship VBall, one of the best beach volley ball game EVAR! (super spike v ball on nes is an adaptation, BAKOOM!), unfortunatelly it's laggy on ignite, i don't know if there is a xbox mame version that emulates it well

Playing beach volley with Schwarzy is really cool :punk:

vball.jpg

Weird, i remember playing it well before, not on CoinOps mind. I really love that game also, it was at the same arcade near home where was Thunder Hoop and others. :lol:

EDIT: Deleted the Raiden games on the first post, since all those games had issues that i didn't like even if they were playable, like missing sound fx and waiting 9 minutes for some games to start.

Edited by Enkak

Tight game here, Buggy Boy AKA Speed Buggy (1985) lately fully emulated since 0.130

it's been long way to go but this is just awesome !!! Thank to Philip Bennet !

Tricky controls that need accurate driving to catch flags are making this game

so addictive to me, definitively my fave 2d arcade racer before outrun.

A technically incredible game for its time, although i don't think this is a ressource eater

for us to play on xbox.

CPU :

2 X 8086 5 Mhz

1 X Z80

SOUND :

2 X YM2149 1.8Lhz

DRIVER's HISTORY :

* 0.130u1: Buggy Boy/Speed Buggy (cockpit) [Phil Bennett]

* 0.129u6: Mr. Do added built-in layouts for TX-1.

* 0.129u4: Changed Custom sound to TX-1 Custom.

* 0.127u7: Aaron Giles fixed TX-1 quits out on second launch.

# 0.127u5: Phil Bennett and Guru fixed TX-1 - Game now playable. Removed flags dispose from region gfx1, changed region gfx3 to gfx2 and gfx4 to gfx3 and removed proms ($1800, 1801). Changed palettesize from 9472 to 256 colors.

* 0.124u1: Hugh Allen replaced anonymous timer in TX1 driver with an allocated one to make state saving closer to reality.

* 0.122u2: Philip Bennett reversed buggyboy/buggybjr 'Game Time' settings.

* 0.122u1: Philip Bennett fixed Buggy Boy Junior - Game now playable. Changed description from 'Buggy Boy (Single Monitor)' to 'Buggy Boy Junior/Speed Buggy (Upright)'. Renamed (buggyb1) to (buggybjr). Fixed input and rom loading. Changed visible area to 256x240 and VSync to 54.100000 Hz. Replaced the 2x AY-3-8910A sound with 2x YM2149 and Custom.

* 0.106u10: David Haywood added multiscreen support (3x 256x256) to clone Buggy Boy.

* 0.104u7: Added prom ($1b00 - Road video timing?).

bb1.png

bb6.png

bb7.png

These are the multiscreen version screenies , there is an upright Version with one monitor.

Edited by Garcimak

MIDWAY DRIVERS OFCOURSE!!! lol so we can FINALLY enjoy ALL the MK games with sound and perfect frame rate!

I took at shot at getting the midtunit games (MK*, NBAJAM) running in the the MAMEdOx 1.1 codebase (still .84 like CoinOPS) but didn't have any luck.

I attempted to reintroduce the .72 dcs speed hack into the .84 driver but that resulted in lockups.

Next, I built two versions of the MAME library, one for .72 and one for .84; each using the .84 MAMEoX Xbox specific code. I was able to the point where it loaded all the roms within the .72 core, but it would lock up after that. My guess is that something changed in the osd_* routines.

Real life and lack of a debug Xbox got in the way of further progress.

MIDWAY DRIVERS OFCOURSE!!! lol so we can FINALLY enjoy ALL the MK games with sound and perfect frame rate!

I took at shot at getting the midtunit games (MK*, NBAJAM) running in the the MAMEdOx 1.1 codebase (still .84 like CoinOPS) but didn't have any luck.

I attempted to reintroduce the .72 dcs speed hack into the .84 driver but that resulted in lockups.

Next, I built two versions of the MAME library, one for .72 and one for .84; each using the .84 MAMEoX Xbox specific code. I was able to the point where it loaded all the roms within the .72 core, but it would lock up after that. My guess is that something changed in the osd_* routines.

Real life and lack of a debug Xbox got in the way of further progress.

0_0

Sad to hear that. :P

Currently on my way to do a compilation based on these games and others to test on CoinOPS, just to see how a certain idea fits on 1 dvd, and also to see what's happening on certain games mentioned here, like US Championship VBall, WPH and others, running trough most of them.

RL and PC not being so good have slowed progress here. +_+