Drivers sugestions and related fixs for CoinOPS ReIGNITE

Enkak

Excelent, very good work :)

If it is possible to add these games it will excelent ...

Thx, just trying to help a little. :)

We can say that it's always possible, but i can't imagine the work to add the new drivers and fixs. :D

EDIT: Just added Bonk's Adventure and other stuff to main topic, and deleted one puzzle game. ;)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would it be possible to add cannon dancer/osman to your first post enkak?

the driver was added in mame0.84 but as yet it just hangs at a black screen.

by the way bonks adventure is playable at 60fps on a version of fbaxxx that kenshiro did last year.

would it be possible to add cannon dancer/osman to your first post enkak?

the driver was added in mame0.84 but as yet it just hangs at a black screen.

by the way bonks adventure is playable at 60fps on a version of fbaxxx that kenshiro did last year.

Added Osman to the topic. Great looking game, i had no idea has i didn't reached those drivers yet, but the game looks really great at least. :D

Thx for the hint regarding Bonks Adventure, maybe that helps implementing the fixed driver on CoinOPS. I still didn't played and investigated much the new versions of FBA, but after MAME/CoinOps, i will do that. :)

CraZyP83, on the MAME logs and info, i noticed this:

"Bugs:

- [possible] Missing duck sound. MASH (ID 02859)"

Maybe that's it? They didn't changed nothing on MAME PC since version 0.79. ;)

Edited by Enkak

thanks man,i love playing strider2 on pcsxbox and osman was made by the people behind strider.

No problem. :)

I was reading that on the history dat file of MAME, where the creators of Strider went to Mitchell and created the game. Interesting stuff.

We are just giving ideas and examples of things that are fixed and available, but in the end it's not in our hands if it will be possible to make them playable on CoinOps, but let's hope so. ;)

Added some more games, and add to put only 1 screenshot now per game since i was at the limit of images per post :D

Another thing i noticed is that many drivers had some major clean ups, where you only had a bootleg version of a game playable before with stolen sound and music from other games, and now the 'original' versions are finally playable. Not sure if it's worth the effort, but i could add that later at the end of the topic.

i really hope osman/canon dancer and night slashers can make its way to the box. :P

HF-

Yeah, and Boogie Wings too, besides all the others. ;)

Added some Sega and Data East games, and more Raiden sequels to the topic, deleted some. Still a long way to go.

In the end, we should have a nice list of stuff that are now playable on MAME PC and could be ported/fixed to CoinOPS depending of the work needed for every driver. I bet some are more simple or complicated than others. :D

looking at the sega games you added i would reckon it wouldnt be a case of just adding the driver,mame on xbox would need a whole core update as turbo outrun,super monaco gp....are all fd encrypted games which i think it was the mame0.88 before they were all fully emulated.

concerning the raiden fighters games hk$(mameox128)originally put the driver into mameox to get raiden fighters2(2000)working and that game is on cheaper hardware than the original sebuisp1 arcade board.

raiden fighters jet does load in mameox128 and you get the title screen and it runs in attract mode but as soon as you hit the start button it crashes.

concerning the fd encrypted games(turbo outrun...)nes6502(zsnexbox porter)is working on a new version of fba,called fba legends.which is basically going to be 2 fbas in one.it will have the original final burn which plays the sega games like powerdrift,afterburner,galaxy force...and there is also going to be a port of a newer version of fba which will play all the fd encrypted games.

looking at the sega games you added i would reckon it wouldnt be a case of just adding the driver,mame on xbox would need a whole core update as turbo outrun,super monaco gp....are all fd encrypted games which i think it was the mame0.88 before they were all fully emulated.

concerning the raiden fighters games hk$(mameox128)originally put the driver into mameox to get raiden fighters2(2000)working and that game is on cheaper hardware than the original sebuisp1 arcade board.

raiden fighters jet does load in mameox128 and you get the title screen and it runs in attract mode but as soon as you hit the start button it crashes.

concerning the fd encrypted games(turbo outrun...)nes6502(zsnexbox porter)is working on a new version of fba,called fba legends.which is basically going to be 2 fbas in one.it will have the original final burn which plays the sega games like powerdrift,afterburner,galaxy force...and there is also going to be a port of a newer version of fba which will play all the fd encrypted games.

Nice to hear about the FBA version and i like the name. :)

Regarding Sega games and the others, that's why i'm trying to put all the mame logs that tell in wich version of MAME PC were they fixed and made playable (between version 0.89 and 0.95) and i have no idea as usual of the work involved to porting the drivers and code to the Xbox and CoinOPS. Maybe those versions of FBA will help on that?

The Raiden Fighters games were fixed later on MAME PC (0.93), so maybe that's the reason they didn't worked before on the xbox, or could be too much for the console to handle who knows.

In the end, they are all sugestions, building an utopic library and idea where we can play most games on CoinOPS without the need to change between different emulators. :P

I really need to check FBA after going through the rest of the mame drivers. :ph34r::D