Resident Evil 5

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You unlocked mercenaries then. PLAY IT!!! Mercenaries is great! Your in an enclosed area, and enemies pour out. There are little time extendors and you can get the timer up to around 7 min. I plaied the first stage over and over while my buddy was sleeping. Got him 30,000 points in no time. All ya do is find a few good spots to post up for a min or two. Then continue around as you blast Manjina. You get extra points added if you make combos, so trying to juggle between boss guys and regular joe smoes is the key. I play the first stage over and over with Chris. He has some grenades stored up, and they work real well in a pinch. So yea... play mercenaries!

I once got a 29 hit combo on the first Mercenary stage. I can't figure out how to get the time bonus on top of the school bus.

I can't get past B ranked though. I think I may need to herd them.

This is what I do. I like when they start you off in the corner, right next to that chest with the "combo" powerup in it. I run straight and cut right to behind the building and swing around and get the time up. then I continue, and cut right again as you come out the other side from behind the house. I grab the power up at the end of that porch area. then I turn to the rooftops which are right there, I run up on the guy with the bullhorn and blow his head off just because. Grab the time bonus there and walk towards the train car, grab that one and jump down.... that route grabs them quickly.... just do whatever you wanna do from there

Edited by Belthasar

well basically, run that route I mentioned. After you jump from the train, run straight to that ladder that had another time bonus at the top, after getting it run to the corner and grab that time bonus in the chest. Quickly run to the edge and hop off. get into the corner at your left when you drop, and face the open area. Use the handgun to get a few headshots when a group begins to come in. Don't kill to fast, and you should be able to maintain a combo to about 20. Thats when I come out of the corner, and head across the way, to the next tiem bonus. thats where I post up again, picking off enemies with the handgun. Toggling between that and the shotgun of course when there are a few in my face. An axe dude comes out, and I blast him a few times at a distance, then quickly lob a grenade at the bround before him. Once I feel like I should grab ammo, I drop into the ravine, and grab another time bonus. Dont forget about the time bonus IN the house in the middle of the map, that is usually where I go last, as they have 3 flame grenades, 1 regular, and a green herb. I average 70 kills on that stage, with a score around 60,000+ and thats JUST enough for a special rank, with 3000 points for buying stuff. But I usually score an A. I think 65,000 might get an s... I don't remember. I played this stage like.... 24+ times. That is how I got as efficient as I am. But therer is a way to kill 150 before time runs out. Heh... Thats just plain rediculous. Not impossible I guess. Don't forget to make use of the generators on the poles too, that will help slow them down. Also, those combo chests are very helpful.. There is another one in the bus... and the axe guy doesnt go in there, so you can post up for a sec, and get off some comboes.

This is what I roughly do. Always making sure I kill something before a combo runs out. My max combo is 44 I think... Its hard to maintain, along with your health and ammo.

Edited by Belthasar

So how is Resident Evil 5 compared to Resident Evil 4? If it's as good as Resident Evil 4 or better I might consider buying it when I get the money..

So how is Resident Evil 5 compared to Resident Evil 4? If it's as good as Resident Evil 4 or better I might consider buying it when I get the money..

Well RE4 was more "survival" than 5. 5 feels more shoot-em-up that 4. Puzzles are for the most part... gone. Nothing of a challenge, what you might consider a puzzle to be. The A.I. controlling your partner... acts rather stupid at times, and can lead to frustration. Other than that, I find the game satisfying. It's a more intense version of the shooting mechanics we all came to love about 4. You can save data at any time, and sort of "grind" a few areas (replay a level a few times) for money, ammo, and have plenty of suplies to last a mission, if your having issues... and to have enough cash to modify preffered weapons.

Thats my quick overview. And it's sort of comparible to 4... but it is a different game. For arguments sake, might as say as good... But not quite. It is missing the RE feel... thats all I gotta say about that.

I think it's a worthy buy.

I want RE1 style but with next gen graphics and such. I want to jump out of my skin the first time a dog jumps through a window. I want my heart to pound when I enter a room and I can hear the crows but the camera angle is hiding them. those kinds of moments are gone from RE.

But you'll never jump put of your skin again. They did indeed remove that creepy calm before the sh!t storm. No build up to anything... just constant manjina killing for the most part.