Resident Evil 5

- I shoot legs, and then knife them until they die. This is saving me much more ammo than I expected, also the correct shot will make torch holders spill fire upon themselves, that also helps. Let's see how far I can get with this strategy, much is obliged.

That there might me the best stragety out of them all. heh...

I often used a corral method. Say you have a group, then 1 or 2 stragglers. If you run around, trying to corral them, one will most certainly run out from the pack, so rather, I might shoot one in the leg, slowing them, "corraling them" for the eneviatable shot gun blast, that in a pack... is most adventagous.

Sometimes your just unlucky... and shots don't kill well enough, wasting ammo of course. Then you try the same section again, and you kill eficiently... and have more ammo than when you started. Plus an incendiary grenade to boot... So sometimes it's a matter of... luck. It really just boils down to how well you handle any given situation with what you have.

I remember being in that house with the spaniard. I remember having a time of it, not wasting my ammo. But if memory serves, they often drop grenades during that fight... I average 2-3. But then again they are hardly packed together.

The only advice I can think of now, while considering all our tips... Is knowing when to use what weapon. Sure that sounds obvious... but still. That handgun I mentioned earlier, works extreemly well, and I fully recommend getting it. Or using it if you have it.

as for RE5... Anyone here playing with the co-op?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give 'em hell.

How did you manage against against El Gigante (the cave troll) the first time around?

P.S. I also found a rather neat feature, although it really doesn't play to your advantage, quite the opposite actually: If you try to take refuge in the village tower at the beginning of the game and stay there, the villagers will start throwing in dynamite. Thy won't try to climb the ladder to where you are , but try and smoke you out. Once you get out, they no longer try to deter you with dynamite.

EDIT: If your ammo allows it, always kill crows, as they'll drop all sorts of nice things when killed. The trick is to kill them in ways that doesn't disturb any other nearby crows. Kill them in groups too (like in the area with the El Gigante where the bunch of crows minding their own business sitting in a circle on the ground - throw an incendiary smack dab in the middle and watch every single one die a fiery death).

Or harass the chickens, in the hopes that they'll lay eggs (normal egg heals as much as a single green herb, brown egg = two greens). Jackpot is getting a golden egg which gives you full energy. Or, you know, sell em for pesetas.

P.P.S. Never discard/sell any rifle ammo you might come across. The semi-auto rifle will be your lifeline later in the game, and the ammunition for it is very scarce. same goes with the magnum variants.

El Gigante is the man with the beard correct? If so, I found him to be straightforward and slightly easy. I died three times, but I did purposely so because I could read all of his movements.

I would fill his core with the TMP, run right past him, 180 degree quick turn, and then blast him with the rifle, repeat. After he lost his legs I found it simple to kill him with the shotgun. I'm arriving to the save point, after the long and drawn out battle between me and the black cloak men. I carefully killed them one by one, the shielded men were a hassle to put down.

Ashely was in my way, and I had to sacrifice my health at times to allow her to survive, the lasting sequence where Ashely had to activate both levers was tedious, I head shot all of the cloaked men with the rifle, while having to withstand several on land beside me.

I didn't think anything of the crows, I ignored them because they did not bother me, but I noticed that Chickens and Snakes leave chicken eggs behind, although I have not seen many animals lately.

- I shoot legs, and then knife them until they die. This is saving me much more ammo than I expected, also the correct shot will make torch holders spill fire upon themselves, that also helps. Let's see how far I can get with this strategy, much is obliged.

That there might me the best stragety out of them all. heh...

I often used a corral method. Say you have a group, then 1 or 2 stragglers. If you run around, trying to corral them, one will most certainly run out from the pack, so rather, I might shoot one in the leg, slowing them, "corraling them" for the eneviatable shot gun blast, that in a pack... is most adventagous.

Will try.

El Gigante is the man with the beard correct? If so, I found him to be straightforward and slightly easy. I died three times, but I did purposely so because I could read all of his movements.

Nah, the huge cave troll. Nice to hear that you dealt with Bitores Mendez (the bearded village chief) so easily. You can actually damage him when he's writhing on the floor getting ready for his second transformation.

Can you play the mercenary missions yet MF29? If so, play them... ALOT. Find the fun in it. Because surviving it alone is a test in itself. And the better you do, the better you will manage your ammo in the game itself. But... I cannot remember if you can playthem right off the bat, or if you need to beat the game first.

Nah, the huge cave troll.

I was used to fighting him because I did so previously in the Gamecube version.

Can you play the mercenary missions yet MF29? If so, play them... ALOT. Find the fun in it. Because surviving it alone is a test in itself. And the better you do, the better you will manage your ammo in the game itself. But... I cannot remember if you can playthem right off the bat, or if you need to beat the game first.

How do I play these missions?

Finish the game once and the Mercenary missions are unlocked. They are roughly the same as Mercenary Missions in the past RE games. You can play as Krauser, Hunk, Ada, etc. Wesker too, I think.

I got lucky in the village. I ran to the left corner of the village from the entrance into it and managed to fight them off without worries. Groups were always infront of me while 1 or 2 stragglers were to the right of me.

Right about now I would confidently say that the game is now amusingly challenging rather than troublesomely difficult. At this point I really want to end the game.

I'm right at the section in the story where Ashely gets held captive for the second time by a flying insect, and I'm trapped in the room with the two giant clawed men, along with problematic red cloak men with head guards. I died twice, and I decided to take a break and progress at another time.

The bells, the bells!!

P.S. crap will start to really hit the fan when you reach Saddler's island and face off against his private army. Unless Salazar and Verdugo get you before that.

There aren't any bells in this room, at least I didn't see any. The bells are only present at first encounter.

This is somewhere around my third time, fighting these bastards.

There should be bells situated next to the door you came from. Also any grenade or flashbang should help.

I'm planning to get RE5 once finals are done with. I'm kinda excited as I don't really get any new games anymore due to school work. Will probably beat it with a friend via split-screen on the first run through.