Resident Evil 5

No one has made a thread... Why the hell not???

This game is great! Sure the A.I. for Sheva is alittle lame, but it works fine enough. Like my friend says, if the A.I. were too sophisticated, the game would be too easy. Besides, the possibility of multiplayer is GREAT! It could have used alittle more polish. Minor details here or there that would have made the game more... alive.

I like the fact that you can grind a bit, for cash and inventory, herbs/ammo. Although never worrying about ammo removes the old stragety and the feeling of urgency. Removing the survival, from the horror. I don't mind the tearing, and the game itself looks like candy. Eye candy.

I like it...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About that A.I. It is poorer than I thought. Little things, like

When you are in the cave, and she is holding the flashlight, when you take aim, she follows your aiming with the flashlight... well if you are in the line of sight for the flashlight, she does not sidestep to get a clear vantage point. So all your left with is a big ass shadow, that reveals nothing unless you move out of the way.

But also she does not act like a partner should sometimes. Often standing there not doing anything, or being non productive in general. Then shell have a good run of nice shots or decisions, but its inconsistent.

Like I said... lacks alittle polish, but I can get over anything else. This A.I. though is my biggest gripe.

I was on level 6-3 (the final boss) then I gave the disk to a friend. forget that game I've had enough of QTE. I hate em. the final boss wasn't even what was ending my game it was stupid ass shiva. for over an hour I played the same 10 minutes of the level. sheva died in the same place every damn time.

I find Resident Evil 4 and 5 to be very difficult.

I'd have to agree on that in regards to RE4. On Normal or Higher. I'm not a particularly expert player when it comes to any RE, so that might have something to do with it.

I hear that Resident Evil 5 has really ditched a lot of things that made RE what it's been for quite a while (i.e. complete removal of puzzles that require thinking to solve), and opted for all-put action instead. I'm not sure whether to hate that or like that.

In any case, I won't be playing RE5 any time in the near future, so I'll just stick with RE4.

Well they certainly changed the game. As you say, they removed all the mechanics of previous RE games, and did indeed turn it into a straight action game. As for the teammate... when a pal takes over... the game is ON. Yea puzzles are gone. It's not even the same game anymore. Seemingly. But still, I like it.

RE4 can be hard I guess, considering how much one might play. I played so often, I would get a ridiculous amount of head shot right after taking aim. You kinda get a feel for it after a bit of rinse and repeat playing. But the same is true for anything... I hear the hard difficulty is quite challenging, but in medium, if you often make headshots, the diff auto adjusts some, and the enemies begin to dodge more and more, evading the headshots... or at least trying to. But on the hard mode, it ramped all the way up. I wonder if this game has modes like those "mercenary" modes on 4...

I sat down and played Resident Evil 4, because I knew I was going to have to play something in order to hold myself over until my next XBOX 360 game arrives.

I played it for three hours in one sitting. The main disputes that I have with Resident Evil 4 are of the following.

- I find it difficult to kill a zombie with one shot to the head, even if I perfectly shoot them in the fore head they bend back and pain. Sometimes on rare occasions their heads explode. I'm guessing this relates to the fire power of the gun, but even after getting the handgun to level three I still failed at getting headshots.

- The movement feels clunky, slow, and ineffective when trying to escape. The re-loading is also a major downfall here. Often times, I'll be surrounded by numerous enemies. I run away from them and quickly turn around. Once I do this I stay in one spot and shoot my handgun as quickly as possible. The zombies tend to run towards me and stop as soon as they are in my face.

- When re-loading I'm left completely open, and it is also annoying when it takes seven shots to kill each zombie when ammo always seems scarce. I wish I was able to kick enemies at all times, because when surrounded by many, it is hard to shoot all of them to the point where they cannot attack me.

The ones with projectiles are also annoying, because with Leon not being very agile, you will have to either try your luck and hope that the Zombie misses or, you'll have to waste ammo shooting a projectile in mid-flight before it gets the chance to make contact with you.

- The limitations on weapons and items is irritating. I want to be able to carry the TMP, along with other weapons but I end up having to discard a large and useful weapon like the shot gun, to make room. I think I'm most concerned with the fact that I cannot just start unloading bullets on Zombies like Gears of War, because every bullet counts.

- I also found the health to get near empty after each hit, and when I used the Yellow and Green plants to increase my health, it didn't seem to help much.

I had fun playing it, but I couldn't help but note what made the game so difficult in my eyes.

I sat down and played Resident Evil 4, because I knew I was going to have to play something in order to hold myself over until my next XBOX 360 game arrives.

I played it for three hours in one sitting. The main disputes that I have with Resident Evil 4 are of the following.

- I find it difficult to kill a zombie with one shot to the head, even if I perfectly shoot them in the fore head they bend back and pain. Sometimes on rare occasions their heads explode. I'm guessing this relates to the fire power of the gun, but even after getting the handgun to level three I still failed at getting headshots.

- The movement feels clunky, slow, and ineffective when trying to escape. The re-loading is also a major downfall here. Often times, I'll be surrounded by numerous enemies. I run away from them and quickly turn around. Once I do this I stay in one spot and shoot my handgun as quickly as possible. The zombies tend to run towards me and stop as soon as they are in my face.

- When re-loading I'm left completely open, and it is also annoying when it takes seven shots to kill each zombie when ammo always seems scarce. I wish I was able to kick enemies at all times, because when surrounded by many, it is hard to shoot all of them to the point where they cannot attack me.

The ones with projectiles are also annoying, because with Leon not being very agile, you will have to either try your luck and hope that the Zombie misses or, you'll have to waste ammo shooting a projectile in mid-flight before it gets the chance to make contact with you.

- The limitations on weapons and items is irritating. I want to be able to carry the TMP, along with other weapons but I end up having to discard a large and useful weapon like the shot gun, to make room. I think I'm most concerned with the fact that I cannot just start unloading bullets on Zombies like Gears of War, because every bullet counts.

- I also found the health to get near empty after each hit, and when I used the Yellow and Green plants to increase my health, it didn't seem to help much.

I had fun playing it, but I couldn't help but note what made the game so difficult in my eyes.

When enemies get close, you might try using the knife, aiming just up alittle, to make contact w/ the head. It catches them off balance from time to time, and then you run up and kick, taking alot of the Las Plagas to their feet for a quick escape from the current predicament. But even aiming up alittle, you sometimes gotta swing the knife 2-3 times, so it isnt a perfect strategy... but it IS effective none the less.

As for the headshots. I'm not certain of the mechanic, but I believe it randomizes the crit ratio. Sometimes your lucky, and they go down with 1-2 shots. But further on into the game, they head flies off and... well... youll see. I'll just say, sometimes headshots don't lead to a perfect solution.

I agree about the movement. It is clumsy. Even in 5, there is no quick backstep... But as far as ammo is concerned... Later in the game, it is quite plentiful. But it is set up so you are not a one man artillery range. This way you get a more vivid feeling of survival. Once you get a good feel for the mechanic, it is more like a battle of attrition. Picking and choosing the best way to route a group. Also, you will be able to get bigger attache cases... so do not fret. I claim, that if you keep playing, you will get the hang of it and have a good time.

I have been known to shoot out a few kneecaps, and run past fallen enemies to reset my advantage in distance. Oh... Don't horde grenades too much, there are quite a few. If ever there is a mass of zombies, don't dismiss a well thrown grenade. It's sometimes better than wasting shotgun ammo

When enemies get close, you might try using the knife, aiming just up alittle, to make contact w/ the head. It catches them off balance from time to time, and then you run up and kick, taking alot of the Las Plagas to their feet for a quick escape from the current predicament. But even aiming up alittle, you sometimes gotta swing the knife 2-3 times, so it isnt a perfect strategy... but it IS effective none the less.

As for the headshots. I'm not certain of the mechanic, but I believe it randomizes the crit ratio. Sometimes your lucky, and they go down with 1-2 shots. But further on into the game, they head flies off and... well... youll see. I'll just say, sometimes headshots don't lead to a perfect solution.

I agree about the movement. It is clumsy. Even in 5, there is no quick backstep... But as far as ammo is concerned... Later in the game, it is quite plentiful. But it is set up so you are not a one man artillery range. This way you get a more vivid feeling of survival. Once you get a good feel for the mechanic, it is more like a battle of attrition. Picking and choosing the best way to route a group. Also, you will be able to get bigger attache cases... so do not fret. I claim, that if you keep playing, you will get the hang of it and have a good time.

I have been known to shoot out a few kneecaps, and run past fallen enemies to reset my advantage in distance. Oh... Don't horde grenades too much, there are quite a few. If ever there is a mass of zombies, don't dismiss a well thrown grenade. It's sometimes better than wasting shotgun ammo

Thanks mate.

I'll keep playing, before I was very much destined to stop playing it for the second time.