CoinOPS IGNITE Full Build Has Been Released!

hellsfury

Sup, yeah tis going good, or at least it was until my XBOX decided not to run the Mortal Kombat Pack?!

Just obtained the .iso and have ftp'd over to the box but it wont launch in Unleash-X for some reason. Thoughts?

Back to the CoinOps. I couldn't tell you what version I run at the moment, I can only assume its the first release, obtained via torrent and to be fair, I wasn't really looking for it or knew at all what it was until I tried it out. I'm reasonable new to the XBOX mod world (still had an XBOX kicking about and decided to soft-mod it for a media centre, then realised what else it could do).

Also, I can't seem to find much info on this Menu-X you speak of, however, I have stumbled across a thread from a chap who has built a cab powered by an XBOX and somehow he has managed to use XBMC as a front-end launcher for multiple emulators. This could well be the way forward as essentially the box could boot straight to that and then run multiple MAME emulators (provided XBMC supports MAME as well as Sega, Nintendo and all that jazz) or CoinOps (again, as long as XBMC supports).

There seems to be a wealth of information on this here site though which should give me plenty of reading to be going on with.

Apologies, I have drifted somewhat off-topic here.

Is CoinOps Ignite scheduled for an appearance on XBINS or will I have to search harder? :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup, yeah tis going good, or at least it was until my XBOX decided not to run the Mortal Kombat Pack?!

Just obtained the .iso and have ftp'd over to the box but it wont launch in Unleash-X for some reason. Thoughts?

Back to the CoinOps. I couldn't tell you what version I run at the moment, I can only assume its the first release, obtained via torrent and to be fair, I wasn't really looking for it or knew at all what it was until I tried it out. I'm reasonable new to the XBOX mod world (still had an XBOX kicking about and decided to soft-mod it for a media centre, then realised what else it could do).

Also, I can't seem to find much info on this Menu-X you speak of, however, I have stumbled across a thread from a chap who has built a cab powered by an XBOX and somehow he has managed to use XBMC as a front-end launcher for multiple emulators. This could well be the way forward as essentially the box could boot straight to that and then run multiple MAME emulators (provided XBMC supports MAME as well as Sega, Nintendo and all that jazz) or CoinOps (again, as long as XBMC supports).

There seems to be a wealth of information on this here site though which should give me plenty of reading to be going on with.

Apologies, I have drifted somewhat off-topic here.

Is CoinOps Ignite scheduled for an appearance on XBINS or will I have to search harder? :D

You FTP'd the iso itself over to the Xbox? It needs extracted first, or burnt, to work.

As for CoinOPS Ignite, the standalone is in my sig. Full version can be obtained by PM if requested.

yeah like gav said you need to download qwix and extract the iso with that or just burn to cdrw/dvdr snd use unleashx file explorer to copy the files to your hdd from the disc.

concerning coinops i can link you to the full biuld includes 1000roms but you need to have 3posts to activate your pm.

xbmc is fine for launching all emulators for xbox,you can set xbmc up so it just shows your emus from bootup.

Does anyone have good datfiles for the roms included in CoinOPS Ignite? The datfiles that came with it are huge and didn't remove too many of my roms from my .84 MAME set. The romset I have after using them is still somewhere around 10-11 GB. I know that BP likes keeping the size to under 1 DVD so you can play straight from the DVD, so something is wrong with these datfiles.

Anybody who has his full suggested romlist, could you use THESE DATFILE CREATION INSTRUCTIONS to make good datfiles that will purge out dupes and all the games that BP doesn't have in the main romset?

Many thanks,

~Rx

Anybody who has his full suggested romlist, could you use THESE DATFILE CREATION INSTRUCTIONS to make good datfiles that will purge out dupes and all the games that BP doesn't have in the main romset?

Many thanks,

~Rx

Using the roms included with Ignite I made the dat as requested. I'm assuming this is what you wanted?

DAT is in my sig :D

Thanks gavin. I just tried it out and it's not working for me. It says " Warning. Field 'refname' is empty in the datafile CoinOPS.Ignite. It is recommended to set a correct value in this field".

I click on OK and then it pops up another one saying "Error. This version of the datfile CoinOPS.Ignite is not supported. Please use another datfile, or download a new version of Romcenter.

(I have RomCenter 2.71)

I also tried it in CLRMAMEPro, but I don't know how to use that program to do anything but create datfiles (since I never figured out how to do that in RomCenter).

Any suggestions anybody?

Edited by ressurectionx

Thanks gavin. I just tried it out and it's not working for me. It says " Warning. Field 'refname' is empty in the datafile CoinOPS.Ignite. It is recommended to set a correct value in this field".

I click on OK and then it pops up another one saying "Error. This version of the datfile CoinOPS.Ignite is not supported. Please use another datfile, or download a new version of Romcenter.

(I have RomCenter 2.71)

I also tried it in CLRMAMEPro, but I don't know how to use that program to do anything but create datfiles (since I never figured out how to do that in RomCenter).

Any suggestions anybody?

I made the DAT with ClrMame (3.30) as in the guide. There was an option to use either 'XML' or 'deprecated' data format, which wasn't in the guide, presumably an older ClrMame version. I'll make another one using 'deprecated' and upload it for you to try instead.

Hey Gavin. I see you have the alternate dat up now and that you've had it up there a while.

I had downloaded about half of it so far, but megaupload says I'm over my limit. I figured I'll just get the rest and make my own datfiles too. Thanks for the help though.

Later,

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx

I released full dats....this includes non working clones etc..... you can work out what is what from the PC list. What kind of Dats do you want to release? I could look at doing a big list with you RX if you want....I have another 500 or so working games as well as my top 1000 on my PC