CoinOPS IGNITE Full Build Has Been Released!

hellsfury

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is some pretty great news, however, there are a couple of questions I would like to address.

1. Does this run the same front-end as CoinOps or have there been modifications to it?

2. Have the age old 'Midway' issues been fixed, eg. Mortal Kombat 2 and NBA Jam working, with sound and at full speed?

3. Actually, I don't have a third question... That'll be all.

The reason for my cutiosity is I'm considering a cabinet build and wish to use the XBOX instead of a PC (don't need to spend money on this part of the build, cooling issues, reduced cabinet size etc). I want to use CoinOps as the platform due to the fact is looks excellent and runs everything well (except one level of Marvel Vs Capcom, that was my third question, is that bug fixed?). Without Mortal Kombat 2, it just wouldn't be worth it. I know I could use a second EMU for the Midway games but I figure if I power the cabinet from the XBOX I can just boot to CoinOps when powered on instead of messing about with the menus. Obviously, unless anyone has any better ideas or is prepared to develop a version of 'maximus arcade' for the XBOX.

Still, awesome use of many man hours, hellsfury!

This is some pretty great news, however, there are a couple of questions I would like to address.

1. Does this run the same front-end as CoinOps or have there been modifications to it?

2. Have the age old 'Midway' issues been fixed, eg. Mortal Kombat 2 and NBA Jam working, with sound and at full speed?

3. Actually, I don't have a third question... That'll be all.

The reason for my cutiosity is I'm considering a cabinet build and wish to use the XBOX instead of a PC (don't need to spend money on this part of the build, cooling issues, reduced cabinet size etc). I want to use CoinOps as the platform due to the fact is looks excellent and runs everything well (except one level of Marvel Vs Capcom, that was my third question, is that bug fixed?). Without Mortal Kombat 2, it just wouldn't be worth it. I know I could use a second EMU for the Midway games but I figure if I power the cabinet from the XBOX I can just boot to CoinOps when powered on instead of messing about with the menus. Obviously, unless anyone has any better ideas or is prepared to develop a version of 'maximus arcade' for the XBOX.

Still, awesome use of many man hours, hellsfury!

hows it going.

1.yes this runs the same frontend as this is just an advancement of coinops,what version do you have?

2.the midway games still run choppy with sound on but with sound off it runs full speed.your choices are mameox0.72 or the mk pack which have mk1,2and3 ripped from the midway arcade treasure games and play at full speed.

3.the mvc game question i think it has been fixed wasnt it a problem with filters or something?

if you wished if you are using a cab you can have it boot straight to whats called menu-x which gives you the choice to boot up coinops ignite or say the mk pack.

oh yeah and dont forget the killer instinct arcade1and2 emulator as well.