Classic Game controllers on Xbox

CraZyP83

Ive been looking for a while and was wondering does anyone know of any kind of adapters that would allow classic controllers (NES,SNES,GENESIS) To be connected to the xbox for use with emulators. I have found adapters for USB and Gamecube. I would rather emulate my classic systems because connecting the actual consoles takes up too much space, But i hate using the xbox controller.

I don't think there is anything like that. I do remember seeing an old school NES style controller for PS2 a long time ago. but I don't remember who made it or if it was available for xbox.

you can buy an adaptor which lets you use the sega saturn controller on the xbox,the best controller everIMHO.

also if you are any good with a soldering iron then you can replace the xbox controller with a snes controller.

I have been into this matter for a long time, and all that I did learn was the following:

- The only way to hook up a NES, SNES or Genesis controller in your Xbox is to destroying a official X controller and turning it into a "bridge". How is that possible? You will need to "solder" the wires of the SNES ontroller inside the circuit board of the S controller in the respective button "places", and plug the S controller on the Xbox. It will work like an adapter. But this is pretty hard to be done ---- AND ---- you will be missing a lot of useful buttons for the emulator GUI.

- Another way (the best imho) is to buy the rarest Xbox Magic Box adapter. It is a adpater who permit you to plug PSX (PS1), Dreamcast and Saturn Pads in your Xbox. I have two of these and they are gift of the Gods. The Saturn pad is the best controller of all mankind.

- Yet, you can buy in Play Asia a PS2 adapter and buy for you a PSX (the oldest, first controller) game pad. The one without thumbsticks/analog controls. This is the closest you will be to a SNES controller.

- And, using the same adapter you can use the magnificent HORI PS2/PSX arcade sticks. They are SUPERB for MAME, bro.

The end.

yea so far from what i have read it looks like you will have to do some soldering if you would like a classic controller on xbox. I have a ps2 controller adaptor that i use sometimes but ill have to look into the sega saturn controller adapter.

HF-