== COINOPS IGNITE STANDALONE ==

stf

Sorry for the newbie question - but how do I install / launch the program. I created an emulators folder on E drive, copied all files into it, copied the saves files to e:\TDATA & e:\UDATA, but it just hangs when I launch from file explorer.

PS> I have FTP access only, no working DVD drive.

THANKS in advance

you have to copy over the saves that say babe....so open up the tdata folder in the coinops folder and ftp over the babe.... files to tand u data in your e drive.

Thanks for the quick reply! - you must have posted while I was modifing my question - please see new question. Thanks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like you're missing the actual roms. What's in your roms folder?

Sorry for the newbie question - feeling rather stupid at the moment - but how do I get the games to play??

I finally figured out it must be launched from XBMC - it showed a list of games, but always says file not found. I refreshed the game list - is now empty :huh:

I created a e:\emulators\Ignite folder, copied all files (except saves) into it, copied saves into correct data folders.

What am I missing / going wrong??

PS> I have FTP access only, no working DVD drive.

THANKS in advance

you csn launch the emulator from any dashboard not just xbmc,you do have roms in the actual roms folder dont you?

if there is no ganes showing then that usually means the roms folder is empty.

Thanks to both The-Ice-Man and fumanchu!! Seems I missed the obvious - just checked roms folder and it is empty. I had mistakenly assumed the program included the rom's as it showed a list when 1st launched.

Not sure if this question is allowed here (sorry in advance if it's not) - but where do I get the roms that originally showed in the list??

Thanks to both The-Ice-Man and fumanchu!! Seems I missed the obvious - just checked roms folder and it is empty. I had mistakenly assumed the program included the rom's as it showed a list when 1st launched.

Not sure if this question is allowed here (sorry in advance if it's not) - but where do I get the roms that originally showed in the list??

check your pm box for more help.

Yeah, the standalone release is just the emulator, hense it's only a few megabytes in size. The full recomended romset for CoinOps is several gigabytes.

Yeah, the standalone release is just the emulator, hense it's only a few megabytes in size. The full recomended romset for CoinOps is several gigabytes.

Thanks again for the help - have some roms installed already and seems to be working fine :huh:

• 1 month later...

I have a quick question, how do I make it so that when I press the Right Trigger, it will press both B and X at the same time?

I would also like to say that CoinOPS is the best thing that has ever happened to my friends and I.

-EDIT-

Why does it freeze when loading a save? I understand that its buggy, but shouldn't it at least work?

I think its a vital feature although the arcade games are not lengthy.

Thanks,

Heugbr

Launch the game you want to bind controls for, enter the config menu, and select controls for this game. Then for the buttons you want to bind to the r trigger, first bind the button you want to assign to it normally, then bind it again to the r trigger. Do the same for the other button. That may not be clear. I'll try again with an example.

So for example, you're playing Final Fight and want buttons 1 and 2 to be bound to X and A for punch and jump. But you also want Y to be bound to both 1 & 2 so you can do a special with a single press. You'd bind button 1 to X, and then bind it again to Y. So that it says Button 1 = X or Y. Then you'd bind button 2 to both A and Y. So that it says Button 2 = A or Y. That way when you press X you'll punch, when you press A you'll jump, and when you press Y you'll do a special as the game will think you just pressed X & A together. Even though you didn't. Hoorah.

hi all, just registered to ask a question about coinops, I am using the ignite r2 release.

been using it for a couple of days now, but today when I press back and right thumbstick to get to overclock option. it was no longer there, only the sound and brightness contrast etc, no overclock options ?

just wondered if anyone else has come across this problem and what could have caused it. ?

I deleted the U and Tdata on E and replaced default config in cfg directory with the original one, and also replaced nvram folder for original one and deleted hi scores, now its back working again, because its like a new install i suppose, so i don't really know which thing cured it.

just any info would be nice. or maybe its not happened to anyone else. :D

and thanks BP for letting me be able to play some good old shootemups. :(