What do you want to see on xbox?

fumanchu

3DO someone might actually port if the guy over at FreeDO ever stops BSing and releases the source.... he says he is going to then disappears for months on end.

I would actually like to see all the EMU's we have updated before any new ones are ported, personally.... DOS, and PS1 in particular.

Edited by NeoBomb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been a tonne of updates to DosBox and ScummVM on the PC, and they're constantly being updated. There are SVN releases all the time. So often that likely the day after a new Xbox port was made it'd be outdated. Obviously there are certain things that the Xbox just doesn't have the power for. Blood now works perfectly for DosBox but I don't think the Xbox has the power to run it smoothly. Dreamcast and Saturn? I don't know, I think the hardware of a non upgraded Xbox is too limiting to get those at a good framerate. What are the hardware requirements of FreeDO? I haven't tried it yet. As for Hyperspin, you know that's just a frontend right? A commercially sold one at that.

I've heard FreeDO doesn't even work that well on the PC and the chances of a port are not high. I think the author is gone for good.

There have been a tonne of updates to DosBox and ScummVM on the PC, and they're constantly being updated. There are SVN releases all the time. So often that likely the day after a new Xbox port was made it'd be outdated. Obviously there are certain things that the Xbox just doesn't have the power for. Blood now works perfectly for DosBox but I don't think the Xbox has the power to run it smoothly. Dreamcast and Saturn? I don't know, I think the hardware of a non upgraded Xbox is too limiting to get those at a good framerate. What are the hardware requirements of FreeDO? I haven't tried it yet. As for Hyperspin, you know that's just a frontend right? A commercially sold one at that.

Yeah, DosBox has come on leaps and bounds. You just have to go on the forums and find links to the latest builds. All the Build engine games, Duke, Blood, Redneck etc, all work fine now. You just need a semi-decent PC to provide the speed needed. The best improvement for me is that the latest build runs Loadstar, which has been broken for years.

An xbox port of ScummVm would be the best, and a new Neogeo CD emulator.

The thought of playing all those adventure games like Discworld perfectly, and playing those Neogeo cd games with awesome soundtracks is just an amazing dream.

What ever happened to the psp emu that was announced years back?

How is it that the Wii has a "working" :) Saturn emu and the xbox doesn't?

Ds emu?

Again there are no more devs.

Edited by tristanx

An updated openbor would be good, I stopped using it due to that "screetching noise" it makes while using it on the xbox.Im sure you guys know what Im talking about, also a new MAME by NES would be sick but he said he wont do it since it would take a year to do it proper...