What do you want to see on xbox?

fumanchu

a net browser

functional netplay for xport, fbaxxx and mame emu's

osman/cannon dancer playable

a way to defrag the hard drive

oh and sega saturn emulated

unfortunately, saturn isnt possible as you probably know (dual processors and such...) though i would love to see that as well...

as for a net browser there is one in aideluxe, or you can use linux to run firefox.

and for defragging, most likely not possible unless done through linux. my friend and i tried to port an open source defrag to the xbox filesystem, but the xdk does not have, afaik, the os methods needed to run it (someone correct me if you have found a way...)

Dual? Sure, if you only count the main CPUs. There's twin VDPs as well as dedicated sound processors, it's a rather complex machine. That aside, Yabuse has been ported to Dreamcast.

ANYTHING is possible, but playable is where you touch on the impossible. Yabuse for DC will never be playable, and a port to Xbox would be the same.

As for Dreamcast on Saturn, a proof of concept would be hard enough on it's own. With only 64MB of RAM on the Xbox, and requiring 26MB alone to "1:1" on the Dreamcast combined RAM size, you're not left with much to use for your actual emulation of the machines hardware.

All of this is beyond anyone without the knowledge and capability, so I oft get sick of seeing people ask something that is at the very least, obviously difficult. Why ask, it makes you look silly.

But.. uh.. it can run nintendo! it must be able to mamulate the wii!! Xbox rulz!!

lol. It's going to be a pain in the dick to get it to run this with a 20mhz 68k, 8mhz z80 and 20mhz Arm7, let alone anything as beastly as the dreamcast or saturn.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I would like to see on Xbox:

A nice - very nice and smooth - Double Dragon I and Double Dragon II arcade emulators. It would be great if some developer like BP, Kenshiro and others could take a MameoX and hack it to the extreme level, making both Double Dragons work smooth and perfect.

I think this is not so hard to accomplish, huh?

I really wish I could understand about this crazy thing of programming and developing emulators.

Oh my...

Cospefogo.

One thing I would like to see on Xbox:

A nice - very nice and smooth - Double Dragon I and Double Dragon II arcade emulators. It would be great if some developer like BP, Kenshiro and others could take a MameoX and hack it to the extreme level, making both Double Dragons work smooth and perfect.

I think this is not so hard to accomplish, huh?

I really wish I could understand about this crazy thing of programming and developing emulators.

Oh my...

Cospefogo.

mamex-b6 runs double dragon1and2 flawlessly,i have compared them in mameox0.72 and b6.

and b6 wins that one hands down the same goes for narc as well.

if you have mamex-b6 cospefogo you wouldnt need to hexedit your gamesave as it uses a different one from all the rest of the mames.

mamex-b6 runs double dragon1and2 flawlessly,i have compared them in mameox0.72 and b6.

if you have mamex-b6 cospefogo you wouldnt need to hexedit your gamesave as it uses a different one from all the rest of the mames.

It runs better than mameox0.72?

Wooowww ˜˜˜˜!

I really should try it them!!!

0.72 is already nice, but if this one is better, will get my vote!

Thanks Fu.

YES!

I did try and MameoX B6 really runs both Double Dragons flawlessly...

However - There is no way to get rid of the BLUR filter.

I tried even to patch the XBE with the flockerFlicker application (it works perfect on Mameox 0.72) but got no results. Anyone have an idea about a way to remove the flicker filter from Mameox B6?

Flicker flocker just remove the blur in the GUI.

The games keep running with some kind of bilinear video mode or something like.

JUST NOW WHEN I FIND A REAL TRESURE this bad thing happens.

Oh my bad luck!

Cospefogo.

YES!

I did try and MameoX B6 really runs both Double Dragons flawlessly...

However - There is no way to get rid of the BLUR filter.

I tried even to patch the XBE with the flockerFlicker application (it works perfect on Mameox 0.72) but got no results. Anyone have an idea about a way to remove the flicker filter from Mameox B6?

Flicker flocker just remove the blur in the GUI.

The games keep running with some kind of bilinear video mode or something like.

JUST NOW WHEN I FIND A REAL TRESURE this bad thing happens.

Oh my bad luck!

Cospefogo.

first of all mamex-b6 isnt mameox it was developed by superfro after opcode had done the initial mame-x port,anyway seeing as mamex-b6 is based on the 0.61 core you should grab one of the first mameox versions for xbox namely mameox0.67.

it should and will run the double dragon games just as good as mamex-b6 and also because the .67 version is officially mameox you should be able to patch the xbe with the flickerflocker patch.