Tokyo Bus Guide and NullDc

Make sure that you've selected nullDC controller [Winhook] as the active controller plugin. Otherwise, nullDC doesn't emulate the controller at all (or depending on the selection, emulates the DC keyboard, the DC mouse or a disconnected controller), thus robbing you of any additional options the Maple menu might offer. If a boot disc (or any game) is complaining about incompatible AV cables, set the Cable Type to either TV or VGA, whichever works.

ok thanks for the help with the controller and the tv problem. Now when i load up utopia it loads fine until it say please insert cd. I loaded the bin but it didn't work i am not sure if i am doing this right or wrong.

EDIT: when I look at the command line window. There is a error when i do that it says Error in .dc/mem/sh4_area0.cpp:WriteMem_area0:169 -> Write to [MPX System/Boot ROM] is not possible, addr=1002,data=b,size=2

I don't know if you know what that means other than it failed. Help is always appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Road hammer

Edited by Road Hammer

Well, if the console reports an error, you might as well be stuck for good. The reason why I don't like non-selfboot games is because they make you jump through hoops to get results, and even then getting results is a bit of a shot in the dark.

Either ditch that image you have and try to find a selfboot image, or try to make that image selfboot by yourself (a rather complex task that requires a couple of tools and extra files - hard-to get ones and this procedure is complex enough for me to not even bother trying to explain that in a way that would make sense to you).

Before ditch that image though, you might want to try booting in Demul, if only for kicks.

Well, if the console reports an error, you might as well be stuck for good. The reason why I don't like non-selfboot games is because they make you jump through hoops to get results, and even then getting results is a bit of a shot in the dark.

Either ditch that image you have and try to find a selfboot image, or try to make that image selfboot by yourself (a rather complex task that requires a couple of tools and extra files - hard-to get ones and this procedure is complex enough for me to not even bother trying to explain that in a way that would make sense to you).

Before ditch that image though, you might want to try booting in Demul, if only for kicks.

Alright I guess I would have to look for another image but it would of been nice if there was one available. From what I have looked around there isn't. I was just curious how this person got it to work in nulldc.

DC emulation is heavily dependent on the disc image you have, for starters. Yes, others may have gotten it to work in nullDC just fine, but as far as I'm concerned, the one who made that video most likely had a completely different image from yours. He migt have been using a different BIOs revision/region too, who knows. It's not like he's giving any specific details.