CoinOPS Tricks and Help

stf

!!!!! This was done for Ignite Standalone, Update to R2 soon) !!!!!

"Gamepad Defaults Can Be Remapped" Enabled in settings allows to remap some ingame functions.

This will be important for advanced users.

THROTTLE.

Throttle disabling is useful for games running at 57fps, 59fps, 58fps(cave), 61fps (namco).

Enter the ingame menu, "remap gamepad", and map one or several keys as THROTTLE.

(You can map your THROTTLE as back+X+B )

Example: If you think Dodonpachi (58 fps) isn't that smooth,

call the THROTTLE function by pressing the keys remapped. THROTTLE will be disabled

(because enabled by default)

This will force the game to run at 60 fps (60/58 fps): a small speedup but a smoother animation.

Throttle can also be used for 55 fps games (Midnight Resistance...) but the sound can glitch a bit (speedup).

Some older 61 fps Namco games are smooth with THROTTLE disabled and Frameskip 0 (Rolling thunder 1,2...)

If you want to know what the original framerate is for the games, press BACK+BLACK (default setting)

CPU OVERCLOCK.

This can be very useful for some games with slowdowns.

To call the function press BACK+RIGHT THUMB, (the sound volume setting appears)

Go up or down a few times and check the CPU0, CPU1... overclock settings.

Examples (for 480p)

-BioMechanical toys has small slowdowns, Set the CPU0 to 125% = smooth animation.

-Double Dragon (original beat'em up) runs slowly: set the CPU0 and CPU1 to 150% = nice speed.

Don't overclock the games that can't reach their original framerate (ex: 52/60 fps, 36/57 fps), the emu will be slower.

Overclock only the games running at full framerate ! Biomechanical toys runs at 60/60 fps and

Double Dragon runs at 57/57 fps, so the values for CPU can have a higher setting.

We can also decrease the values:

-To get a better anim in Darius Gaiden (or some other Taito), keep CPU0 at 100%, and set the CPU1 (sound CPU) to 50%.

CONFIGS

A member wanted a config for CPS2 games (some Capcom games use LPunch+MPunch+HPunch, same for Kicks)

If for example LPunch=LTrigger, MPunch=X, HPunch=Y and you want a shortcut for furies on WHITE BUTTON

then "remap the game" this way:

P1 Button 1 = J1_LTrigger or J1_White

P1 Button 2 = J1_X or J1_White

P1 Button 3 = J1_Y or J1_White

Pressing White will call the 3 Punch Buttons !

FAST FORWARD

Sometimes it's boring to wait for a long time when a game is launched: memory tests, rom/ram tests, etc...

I personally use a fast forward function: just change the frameskip ingame.

My default Frameskip is AUTO.

I have remapped Frameskip Dec as L_Trigger R_Trigger X (FS decrease: Auto - 11 - 10 - 9 ... 3 - 2 - 1 - 0 - Auto ...)

and Frameskip Inc as L_Trigger R_trigger Y (FS increase: Auto - 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 ... 9 - 10 - 11 - Auto ...)

When a game is just launched I Press LTrigger+RTrigger+X to run the game very fast (Frameskip 11).

To return to Frameskip Auto (normal speed) when the arcade tests are finished I Press LTrigger+RTrigger+Y.

This way I don't wait for the long rom/ram tests.

(Just press the keys one time, or you can get lost as the Frameskip value isn't shown anymore ingame).

SERVICE MODES

Some players like to have a Freeplay (no coin) or an easy setting for the games, but no DIP switches ?

All the games have a service mode NEOGEO, CPS1, CPS2, SEGA, MIDWAY, CAVE, NAMCO.

Remapping function in "Remap This Game" will help.

NEOGEO: Just remap the TEST SWITCH with the keys you want, and press thoses keys ingame: entering service mode.

CPS1 & CPS2: Just remap the SERVICE MODE for the same results.

SEGA 32: (outrunner, Golden Axe2, Arabian Fight, Spiderman...)

Remap the SERVICE MODE and the SERVICE 1: SERVICE MODE will enter the settings and valid a choice

SERVICE 1 will allow to switch between the different options.

MIDWAY: Remap the TEST (or use the option: ingame menu/game settings/Test Switch ON/OFF).

NAMCO: Remap the SERVICE MODE (or use the option similar to Midway's).

CAVE: (Esprade, DoDonpachi) Remap the SERVICE MODE and press the keys during 2 or 3 seconds.

Be careful ! Sometimes with some manufacturers you must reset the game (LTrigger+RTrigger+BACK) after you pressed

the service keys to be able to enter the arcade settings ! ! !

PS: it's unfortunate but set the biggest schumps to EASY to get less bullets on screen and limit the slowdowns

SOUND QUALITY

it's really better to set a low quality sound for old games with fm sound, as it could irritate in CD quality.

... depending on one's appreciation, and what is used at home for listening.

GUN GAMES

Playing a lightgun game like Lethal Enforcers 2 with the pad can be hard because we must reload by shooting outside

the screen. For this kind of games, enter the cheat menu and available the unlimited ammo setting.

Same for Underfire. The crosshair isn't shown ingame but it's playable with unlimited ammo

as we can see where we've just shot.

Disable the Crosshair (BACK+LEFT THUMB) will help in Beast Busters.

MULTI SCREENS GAMES (Darius 1, Darius 2, The Ninjawarriors, Warrior Blade)

Disable the Widescreen setting for horizontal Games, and the games will play at fullscreen. 16/9 users will get

the best results.

Purists can also set a special "screensize adjustment" to get a suitable aspect ratio.

from cba.gy

Entering gun calibration on Namco games and a few others requires pressing Service/Test + Service 1 together. Advancing each calibration stage with service 1 button till finished.

Edited by stf

Entering gun calibration on Namco games and a few others requires pressing Sevice/Test + Service 1 together. Advancing each calibration stage with service 1 button till finished.

IGNITE

How to reset a game without exit of all?

How to capture screenshot?

Read the main menu: Buttons and Features / Advanced ingame controls, and you'll get it !!

Thanks, i forgot it.

----------------------- ADVANCED IN GAME CONTROLS -----------------------

BACK and WHITE - Pause Game and Remap Keys or Cheat

BACK and BLACK - Show Framerate And Free Memory

BACK and Left Trigger and Right Trigger - Restart Game

BACK and Right Thumb Button - Onscreen Display

BACK and Right Trigger and Right Thumb Button - Load Game ( Buggy )

BACK and Left Trigger and Right Thumb Button - Save Game ( Buggy )

BACK and Left Thumb Button - Lightgun Crosshair Display

BACK and A and B - Take In Game Snapshot

• 4 weeks later...

One more question:

FOr example in Ultimate 11 great football game

First time running (with Neo geo enable) it asks me at boot in Neo Geo 2 Bios for some settings:

Usa, EUrope, Japan

COnsole, Arcade or ...

Now i want to change these settings again later (example Japan into Europe)

How can i do this?

• 3 months later...