Picking up 2 vintage Pachinko machines tomorrow

ken_cinder

No interest at all? You guys suck.......

I picked them up today, the second machine looks considerably older than the one pictured. Works though, but I can't figure out how to get the balls back that I lost down the drain!

Considering that I've never even seen a Pachinko machine in real life, plus the fact that from what I've heard about how they work and what their ultimate purpose is, it's hard to get interested.

It's one of the few japanese things I've heard about a lot, yet I know very little about. I should probably head to Wikipedia and educate myself.

I never understood the appeal to these machines. Then again I've never used one, so I'll hold on that statement for now. Once you've played one you get hooked right?

There is even a promotional movie for the Biohazard Pachinko machine here:

Oh, and in case you missed it; here is an article describing that particular pachinko machine's appeal:

Resident Evil Pachinko Shows More Than Jill Sandwiches

Now are you hooked? :unsure:

I had never even seen on before, but the price was right so I bought them.

I ordered 500 balls tonight, and I figured out how to manually release the 6 (Yes 6 balls is all I managed to fish out of the machines, I assumed none anyway) balls I lost to the machine.

I actually didn't lose them, I scored but since there are no other balls loaded in the machine for a payout, I get nothing back.

Currently disassembling the machines for cleaning, when the 500 balls get here the fun shall begin..........it's addictive playing with 6 measly balls and none in the machine, I can't wait for those 500.

I have been busy lately, I painted half of my Versus City arcade cabinet metallic silver and white, bought an Aero Fighters PCB + Marquee and I have a 4 slot Neo Geo on the way.

I have no idea what pachinko is. I've heard of it but like used panties vending machines and tentacle rape... it's a japanese addiction I have no interest in learning more about.

• 1 month later...
So you bought one... no two... for the hell of it? Do they make crazzy sounds? Are you even messing with them now?

They are from the early 70s, they're like EM pinball machines. No crazy video or flashy stuff, just bells and lights. VERY loud though when you hit the jackpots, the bells ring as loud as one of those handheld bells if you shook it hard over and over with every ball that hits it (15 per jackpot on one machine)

My daughter loves them, and I have spent hours playing them. They are put aside right now, because I have one of my arcade machines ripped apart in the basement.

I just put new joysticks on my TMNT machine, new buttons are waiting at the post office for me.

Soon as I've finished up with the arcade machines, the Pachinko's are getting mounted on the wall for play whenever anyone feels like it.

They do need glass or plexi though, they only have 1 paper thin lexan sheet that doesn't do the intended job well.