NGemu sold and resold ... going downhill?

Robert

Old news to some of you...

Bobbi sold NGemu to spdude, who in turn sold it to a corporation called Crowdgather.

Crowdgather chief troublemaker Tsirk (a she) then demoted most mods and admins and caused general unease across the board.

Those emu authors who had their forums there (pcsx2, dolphin, vba-m) have moved away and set up forums on their own sites.

The place, it seems, is going downhill fast.

Also, I think our so-called "affiliation" there is worthless, and should probably be dissolved.

http://www.generalemu.net/forums/rant-thre...-ng-t-3355.html

http://www.generalemu.net/forums/whats-the...emu-t-3381.html

GC if you want, you can move this to the lounge.

Topic renamed and thread moved.

This is some very disappointing news. Any news as to how much spdude sold NGEmu to CrowdGather for? Bobbi sold NGEmu for $15,500 USD. My guess is spdude sold it for a lot more, as that is a cheap price for a very well developed and popular site.

Ultimately, all these changes were bound to happen, once the site was sold. The fate of the site now remains in the hands of the new owners.

What's funny about this is that, i totally saw this coming and it makes sense, because crowdgather hasnt got a clue how an emulation website is suppose to be like, theres nothing but minimal hope on ngemu now, but i dont think it will die, my guess is that it will turn into something else emulation related once all of the original people wake up and realize things that things have changed and gone seriously wrong.

Edited by Snow Patr0l

• 2 weeks later...

It sucks :(, CG has a evil Policy and now Ngemu has more ads. I also started to hate Ngemu because many noobs didn't read the stickies and it was suck a mess with topics about something already posted before, because people are too stupid to use a search tool? Ngemu was nice place when I first posted in it, now it is BS.

• 1 month later...

Out of curiousity, what's the status of NGEmu these days? Are people still as active as ever there? I don't even feel like checking their site.

until just now I had never even heard of NGEmu........